Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 02:57 PM

Default Re: HULA ML cleanup poll

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
didn't dave's team (potentially) reach the playoff because of multiple forfeits which were applied in the last week, when forfeits weren't generally awarded in earlier weeks. i'm not sure if this also applies to other teams. w/no disrespect for the team, i don't really think they're deserving of a spot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dave44's team had more individual victories than any other team so to say that they are not deserving of a playoff spot is ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't mean to single out your team dave. goofball's is in the same boat. and while i don't think your teams should be awarded all the free last week victories (7 or 8 between you?), i don't think you should be penalized either.

if you want to suggest the 4 playoff teams and your rationale i'm all ears. doesn't seem anyone has been willing to do this. if we were to continue my suggestion would be that ihardlyknowher, raisins, and bds are given spots (played all their matches and insdisputably reached 4-2 records) and that goofball and dave44's teams have a play-in for the 4th spot. since forfeit rules were never uniformly instituted/applied, the results of these teams final matches are unknown and this would be the most fair way to proceed if we were to have a playoff IMO.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:16 PM

hey man Goofball's team was 4-1 going into week 6(all4 wins were legit 3-x), so enough of this bullshit about them getting where they were by forfeits
Old 10-23-2005, 03:37 PM

my mistake and apologies. hard to figure out what happened late in the season skimming thru threads.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:53 PM

Uno. Have a single cpt. vs. cpt. HU match for the final playoff spot. Use a large blind structure if time is tight for the relevant cpts.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:55 PM

If my team is going to be punished for other players forfeiting matches against us like people are suggesting (which I think is terrible), then I suppose I'd rather just do #3.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:43 PM

How many forfiets did we get(dave44)?I was under the impression it was just 1
Old 10-24-2005, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If my team is going to be punished for other players forfeiting matches against us like people are suggesting (which I think is terrible), then I suppose I'd rather just do #3.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt you'll be punished for that. Actually I'm pretty sure you won't. Why would the forfeit rule be used otherwise? It's absurde. You won, that's all.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:37 AM

Old 10-24-2005, 04:26 PM

Old 10-24-2005, 06:33 PM

I've got it on pretty good authority that Alobar would prefer option 1, but is voting 3, just because this thing has dragged on waaaaaaaaaaaay to long as it is, and is no longer really any fun.

If option 1 does win tho, any player who doesnt make their match, should automatically lose by forfiet. Any match that doesnt take place within 1 week from the announcement of matches, should also be forfieted. And any player that forfeits a match, either because he didnt show up, or neither he nor his opponent got the match done in time, then that player should have any future matches hes in forfieted as well, should his team advance (i.e. play your [censored] matches). If a tie ends up because only 2 matches got played and its 1-1, then the tiebreaker should be some arbitarily random thing like picking a number between 1 and 10. (i.e. if you dont want your fates left up the gods, then play your [censored] matches).