Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Hellmuth at main event

Phil had every right to call both "maniacs" donkeys that cant spell poker. I would have done the same. Nice work Phil!
Old 10-24-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil had every right to call both "maniacs" donkeys

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the guy with KJ is a maniac (since his J,10 call was crazy), but he did the pushing... Based on how much Helmouth loves to fold monster hands (and brag about it for hours), I might have pushed that hand also.

If your other "maniac" is X22, I have to disagree with you. Once X22 re-raised and Helmouth pushed, from what I could tell X22 was getting slightly better than 3-to-1 pot odds to call. Based on Helmouth's likely range, calling in that spot in no way makes somebody a maniac and it's probably close to being mathematically correct. Pushing all-in with AQ giving your opponent 3-to-1 odds is more suspect, IMO...
Old 10-24-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil had every right to call both "maniacs" donkeys that cant spell poker. I would have done the same. Nice work Phil!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it -- Phil thought he had a better hand and called the all-in. And he got sucked out on. Would he have been happier to see the donkey turn over AA - QQ instead of KJ? Or a small pocket pair? It doesn't really matter - because all of those hands would have taken the pot.

If he sees a guy go in with J-10, he shouldn't have expected any different in this hand.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it -- Phil thought he had a better hand and called the all-in. And he got sucked out on. Would he have been happier to see the donkey turn over AA - QQ instead of KJ? Or a small pocket pair? It doesn't really matter - because all of those hands would have taken the pot.

If he sees a guy go in with J-10, he shouldn't have expected any different in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why he shoved his chips in so fast....
Old 10-24-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why he shoved his chips in so fast....

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, and then went off on the guy for doing what he was hoping for him to do.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly, and then went off on the guy for doing what he was hoping for him to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

He went off on him because the guy won the pot. His self worth is tied up with poker. His ego can't handle it when he proves his superiority (in his mind) by trapping a guy and then have the guy hit his outs.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil had every right to call both "maniacs" donkeys that cant spell poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Magriel is SUCH a maniac for calling with the best hand. Total nutcase.