Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 02:15 AM

Default Re: How much cash have you wasted

I have pissed way too much of my cash up against a wall.

Granite
Old 10-24-2005, 02:37 AM

I've spent every penny i've earned through poker on clothing, eating out, drugs and booze.

i refuse to drink anything less than grey goose vodka or chimay premiere beer. A trip to the liquor store usually means i will have $200 burning a hole in my wallet.

Bars? I like to be the guy who yells, shots on me..

my stupidity has caused me to buy things i dont need, thankfully though, because of a typo i put away $2500 (instead of $250) into a retirement fund where i cannot touch it for 47 years. its also the reason i my bankroll is such a sad sad sight for the amount of time ive been playing.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:46 AM

I really dont want to think about it because if I tally it up it would piss me off and Ill think of all that I could have now, but it's really just the price of me living life without over-thinking money management that I live fine without.

Besides, if I had saved all that money, I'd blow it on crap now anways.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:51 AM

It's really sick to think about how much I've wasted. And I'm only 20 so I'm sure it will get worse as the years go on.

Hell, while I post this I'm shopping around for a ~32 LCD TV to mount on my wall as soon as I clear out a couple of bonuses. God I love poker.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wanna send me that book? I play guitar but never learned classical. I'll use it.

Most of my 'waste' is difficult to quantify - I use the things I buy but often could acquire them more cheaply, buy them in bulk or get more out of what I have. Biggest thing is definitely food, I eat out way too much.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you read music? I can't for the life of me get myself to learn to read music when tab works just fine. No tab in this book.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've got a degree in music. I can't sight-read for crap but I can figure it out if I go over it a few times.

NT
Old 10-24-2005, 03:36 AM

some things are very hazy areas for me and many, for example:

1) 8 lcd monitors for a school setup and home setup (kind of a poker investment, kind of unnecessary)

2) nice clothes (figure a $2-300 shirt will last a while and will look nice, but comparable ones can be gotten for 1/5th that)

3) watch (very nice to have and can last literally forever and be a token of young success, but really not necessary)

4) big tv (again not needed but a luxury)

overall i think many of our things are nice luxuries and shouldn't really be interpreted as wastes as long as they last. saving is important and nice but having fun and buying a bunch of extras is definitely worthwhile.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:39 AM

it still can be boasting, but this is a very reasonable thread to explain those things.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:37 AM

probably 10k
Old 10-24-2005, 04:40 AM

I think you guys are way off base here. Paying for drinks at a bar, buying cds, clothes, etc. These are the costs of fun/life. Yes, you CAN live with spending <4k, but I don't consider it wasting if I plop down $70 to go see a U2 concert or whatever. I don't consider it wasting if I'm at a bar having fun with friends and spend a bunch or whatever. Anyways, I'm sure I've blown a lot less money than most of you guys.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you guys are way off base here. Paying for drinks at a bar, buying cds, clothes, etc. These are the costs of fun/life. Yes, you CAN live with spending <4k, but I don't consider it wasting if I plop down $70 to go see a U2 concert or whatever. I don't consider it wasting if I'm at a bar having fun with friends and spend a bunch or whatever. Anyways, I'm sure I've blown a lot less money than most of you guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

You misunderstand the question. Buying drinks at the bar isn't wasting money but buying that last drink that makes you sick is a waste of money given that you got negative utility out of it. Going to a U2 concert isn't wasting money if you can enjoy it. It is a waste of money if you don't like U2 and have a bad time. Ect, ect, ect...