Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Courts make it too easy to separate good dads from their kids!

[ QUOTE ]
I never got to say goodbye to my grandfather, and he died alone and afraid. Something has to change.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez, man, that's a sad story. Same for the OP. I think I'm gonna start wearing my "have you bitchslapped a feminist today?" button again.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about my grandfather. When we first lost contact with him he was still in good health (physically). We have it on good authority that he may have been denied certain treatments that could have prolonged his life, maybe even cured him. That's a life threatening situation. And yet the court kept away the people that could have helped him and placed him in the care of someone that wanted him dead for thier own personal gain. The slightest bit of effort and investigation could have avoided the situation. The problems the guy lists in his journal are just some, but they go on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand - we can probably point to thousands of instances where the justice system fails;

However, in regards to TROs, I'm not sure that there's a remedy to the problem, in a way that doesn't weaken the TRO's legitimate uses. Seems as if the current system is the lesser of two evils.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His point is that he never had a chance to easily disprove key points in the petition for a TRO the day it was issued.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a way to easily disprove charges of abuse? Isn't that the "two sides of the story" phenomenon I mentioned earlier?

However, I agree that there seems something counter-intuitive about having the accuser call the accused and inform them about the hearing; yet Radified never explains why he didn't immediately contact a lawyer, and why that lawyer didn't alert him of his options. It seems as if his lawyer eventually alerted him to the fact that he could present his case at the hearing, but that this alert came too late.

In that way, I suppose Radified's advice is a sound: if you get accused of any kind of serious crime, go find a good lawyer ASAP. Sounds like he found one too late.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:21 PM

Default It has gotten a lot better.

It has improved some. Used to be the biggest piece of lying dung, total bottom of the barrel whore, mother -vs- fine upstanding hard working citizen father -- the mother automatically got the kids.

Now there is some consideration given, if the mother is a total strung out junkie scum sucking psycho nut, then there is a slight chance the father might get custody.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Re: It has gotten a lot better.

All this takes to fix is some well placed drugs in/on her propery and a random call to the police.

A friend of mine got date raped by a rich kid, a major prick to boot, in high school. His dad hired a really good lawyer and the case never even went to trial.
So one of my best friends, who had always had a thing for her, put a shitload of drugs in his spare tire in the trunk and made a random call to the police reporting his car.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:56 AM

I don't think it's much to ask to at least have both sides testify before the judge before issuing one. There are a million other reforms, but that seems like such a basic thing that I can't believe it isn't done.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:57 AM

That's not really the same case as with my Brother. It wasn't a man/women thing. It was just an example of failure of the system.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:23 AM

Default Too easy

Here is the key paragraph in the man's web article, the one that shows the root of his troubles:

[ QUOTE ]
Note: If you are genuinely abusive ..., you deserve everything coming to you. People like you are the reason the courts have made it so easy to screw people like me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The system has to go by the stats and the stats are making that man's battle all uphill.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Too easy

[ QUOTE ]
Here is the key paragraph in the man's web article, the one that shows the root of his troubles:

[ QUOTE ]
Note: If you are genuinely abusive ..., you deserve everything coming to you. People like you are the reason the courts have made it so easy to screw people like me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The system has to go by the stats and the stats are making that man's battle all uphill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed that too. Good point Cyrus.

~ Rick
Old 10-24-2005, 04:28 AM

I see the two as related in that the system is basically run by feminists.