Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 01:00 PM

Default Re: i fastplay acesup

I like to keep these situations as simple as possible; one general tendency i think everyone should account for is how aggresive this player is.

If he's passive, wait to raise the turn, his range for 3betting flop hands will go down significantly.

If he's aggresive and will tend to bet-3bet hands on the flop then clearly raising the flop is better.

I think these decisions are in bulk dependent on an opponet's aggresion, and at my tables i tend to play against more passive players, which is why the "wait till the turn" line is the standard play.

Most players here will donkbet the flop with a draw or a weak made hand though, so i will tend to wait till the turn to raise.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Re: i fastplay acesup

[ QUOTE ]
If he's passive, wait to raise the turn, his range for 3betting flop hands will go down significantly.

If he's aggresive and will tend to bet-3bet hands on the flop then clearly raising the flop is better.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good points. Another reason why I prefer these lines is that, strangely passives tend to continuation bet more often than aggressives in a spot like this.