Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 08:01 AM

Default kill?

what is a 4/8 HE with 1/2 kill?

thanks B&M newbie
Old 10-23-2005, 08:14 AM

Default Re: kill?

someone wins two pots in a row and the limits go up for the next hand...

in a full kill the limits will double, in a 1/2 kill they go up by 1/2... so a 4/8 would become 6/12...

the killer also posts a blind equal to the new limits big blind...
Old 10-23-2005, 08:53 AM

someone wins two pots in a row and the limits go up for the next hand...

In some places (Foxwoods is one) the kill is initiated when one player wins a pot than is greater than a stipulated amount. In the 5/10 kill at Foxwoods, the kill is initiated when the pot is $100 or more.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and then acts last pre-flop, regardless of position

example: in a 4/8 game with a 1/2 kill, the player with the button wins a kill pot. In the next hand, the button moves, the SB posts 2, the BB posts 4, and the player now the cutoff posts 6. Action starts with UTG, skips cutoff, the blinds take their options and then lastly the killer acts.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and then acts last pre-flop, regardless of position

example: in a 4/8 game with a 1/2 kill, the player with the button wins a kill pot. In the next hand, the button moves, the SB posts 2, the BB posts 4, and the player now the cutoff posts 6. Action starts with UTG, skips cutoff, the blinds take their options and then lastly the killer acts.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true in the kill games that I have played in. Where I have played the kill is posted but DOES NOT act last. The kill acts in turn. For example, if the kill is UTG, he acts first by either checking or raising...

Also, the qualifier for the kill varies by location. It could also be triggered by a pot above a certain size. For example, I have played regularly in a 10/20 game with a 1/2 kill whenever a pot is bigger than $150 (7.5 BB) and won by a single player. If the game is loose, it plays at 15/30 for a while because the pots stay consistently above $150.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:15 PM

Kill pots vary very much by location.

For holdem, the usual method is you kill if you win two pots in a row (many cardrooms say that the 2nd or both pots have to be a certain size). A variant rule is if you win a big pot (usually 10bb) you kill it.

Omaha is if you scoop a pot over a cerain threshold you kill it.

Most rooms in CA have you act last preflop when you kill. Others have you act in turn preflop. Still others have you act last preflop UNLESS there is a raise in fron tof you in which case you act in turn [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] . So I usually ask before I sit down.

Have fun [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] . Kill games in my experience generate more action and lead to more mistakes by your opponents.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have fun [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] . Kill games in my experience generate more action and lead to more mistakes by your opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like last night when I raised UTG in a kill pot (3/6 game with a full kill) with TT, get called by K7o who then rivers a str8 to beat my flopped set... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]