Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 12:44 PM

Default Re: I just have to post this....

Like everyone else, I dont like it. Give up on Turn.

Additionally a piece of advice: When shortrolled, playing above head, running bad...dont make too many moves on best players.

Play good cards against the donks.
Push the weak tighties off hands.
Play more pairs against LAGS.
Learn from, rather than tangle with, the best player at table.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well I threw away a good chunck of my winnings.

[/ QUOTE ]LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad u find that funny....cause I don't, any advice would be prefered ot the LOL comment

[/ QUOTE ]

In a sick sort of way, he was giving you advice. Winnings is a long term goal and the fact that you are upset about the money lost in one hand and not the way the hand was played is something you need to look at.

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone else think he was just being a douchebag?

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad flawless.....I hadn't slept in 35 hours and was really tired and cranky so when I posted the hand, well you get the picture [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think duck was referring to flawless being a douchebag, not you, which I agree with...no need to be that harsh when giving advice, rather don't post at all if you'll just post things like LOL.

I appreciate you sharing your insights on this board flawless, but I wish you are tiny bit considerate to others [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 10-22-2005, 03:40 PM

I think you're biggest mistake was making it 14 to go out of the SB against a LAG with a very marginal hand. Why don't you wait for a more playable hand with position? The way it played out, just give up on the turn. With his bet on the turn he's saying " I don't think you have anything but I also don't think you can fold to this small bet ".

As other's have stated in order to get villian's chips you're going to have to either trap him by calling down when he's the PFR, or value bet him to death when he's limped in pre-flop.