Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Gaming Club $100k guaranteed tourney poll
Actually I have already entered 2 5.88%
This is the first I hear about it, and now that I do know about it I'm going to enter 4 11.76%
This is the first I hear about it, but I couldn't care anyway 3 8.82%
I don't care what the EV is, I ain't gonna take a chance on Gaming Club or Prima Poker until they sort out their customer service 13 38.24%
Why should I bother? I make so much money off the fish at the other bigger sites that it’s not worth playing in a tournament anywhere else no matter what the EV is 2 5.88%
I’ve already downloaded software from a gazillion other sites and I’m not going to do it again, even for a $100k guaranteed prize pool with a 5:1 EV 0 0%
I get better features and functionality from (insert your favorite poker room here) and that counts for more to me than another $100k tourney 0 0%
I’m doing fine bonus-whoring at the bigger sites thank you, so I don’t really have time for tournaments right now 0 0%
Who’s Gaming Club and Prima Poker anyway? Unless a site has thousands of players online at a time I probably can’t trust them so I won’t play there 10 29.41%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2003, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Gaming Club unlurks, wondering why $100k HE guarant\'d isn\'t filling up

Make $25K would be smart IMO. Maybe even smaller. It is worth looking at GoldenPalace and VictorChandler and how they building their tournament site. I remember that GoldenPalace and VCI spent a lot of time with freeroll and much smaller tournaments. I doubt that they have tried anything as large as $100K yet but I believe that they have much more tournament traffic than the PrimaPoker network.

Just my casual observations but I sure agree with the suggestion of going up with smaller steps....

Good luck growing your business!!

P.S. I loved the $10 free promo a while back.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Gaming Club unlurks, wondering why $100k HE guarant\'d isn\'t filling up

joey :
I am always playing 1-2 freerolls while playing ring games.VC/GP and Prima have the best on the net right now.

VictorChandler and its first skin where US players could play Grand Palace and its 20 skins like FishPond offer huge +ev "freerolls" for the active player.You need to accumulate ActionPoints.Six months ago I came to the site and played 1-2/ 2-4 NLHE for around 3 weeks-..tallied 120K in these babies.
Whiners are going to bitch and moan about cashout policies but I have had good experiences with GP management. Yes they still have focked up Neteller cashout policies but they are working on that.and now they will EFT funds to your bank for no fee.

Here's just todays..a weekday's list of decent sized freerolls, not including the weekend $1000 added $20+$2 NL/PLHE on fri/sat evening:

12:30 pm est 800 AP's $200 NLHE

5:00 pm est 800 AP's $200 NLHE

7:30 pm 2400 AP's$600 NLHE

On fridays the evening tourney is 4000 AP's $1200 freeroll.

Now these are tiny prize pools I know but they are +ev.They also have a bunch of even smaller tournies not worth playing.
One annoying thing about VC/GP is over the summer they kept on increasing the AP's required to enter the same prize pool.They havent done this in a 2-3 months thu.