Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 12:15 AM

Default Re: HULA ML Cleanup

bds,

I can fill in to be spokesperson, no problem. I'll be around the next few weeks besides a few day trips for the smaller tournies of the Foxwoods WPT event.

What I want to know is whether anyone had a playoff schedule in the first place? It might have been posted before and I missed it, but it would be a place to start to see how long it would last if we did do it.

Once we know that I think we should just take a vote between all the remaining members of teams left, not just captains. We can have this done 48 hours from now I believe.

So, what we need to know now is...

1. Do we have four or five teams?

2. What is the playoff format?
Old 10-21-2005, 12:30 AM

I believe we had kinda/sorta decided on 1 v. 4 and 2 v. 3 (via tie-breaks or whatever) and then championship match and 3rd place match.

Payout would be 50/30/20.

If we decide to let all 5 teams in then, based on tie-break, we could have 4 v. 5 in a play-in game.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:04 AM

I wasn't looking to portray you as grumpy. My preference is to end this without playoffs. I don't believe that you not being able to participate is sufficient reason not to have the playoffs but I think it is worth pointing out.

I'm not sure what you're concern over Timprov is. I don't think he's dead or grievously injured considering he last posted on 10/20/05 7:16 pm.

That being said it looks like people want to have playoffs. If qualification comes down to me and bds with equivalent team and match records then my team beat hers in the last week of the season and I think that is the tiebreaker.

regards,

raisins
Old 10-21-2005, 01:19 AM

i done't really care, but a decision should be made one way or the other. i would say in future HULA's a winner should be decided for every match at the end of the week regardless (or a double forfeit declared) to prevent this BS. it is a little goofy that some 4-2 teams are now there because of forfeits, and thus rewarded for not being responsible and forcing the play of matches.

funny, in the regular HULA evryone seemed to hate Evan for being a nazi, but in HULA ML we suffered from having overly soft, compensating leadership. personally i don't care if we have playoffs or divide up the prize pool. i've had some good heads up experience and consider the experience a positive. whatver the decision is it should be decided shortly.

timprov, when you decided to take this under your wing it became your thing. make a decision now. some folks may be reluctant, but i think i speak for all when i say we'll all accept it, and it needs to be done now. thanks
Old 10-21-2005, 05:49 AM

My apologies to everyone. My health has gone to shambles and taken everything else with it, and I really blew it here.

As far as I'm concerned, chopping it up and being done with seems like a fine idea.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My apologies to everyone. My health has gone to shambles and taken everything else with it, and I really blew it here.

As far as I'm concerned, chopping it up and being done with seems like a fine idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tim - I'm so sorry to hear you haven't been well. I couldn't think of any other reason for your silence. Hope it is nothing too serious.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:36 AM

I say chop it. This whole thing was disorganised from the start. While I enjoyed the headsup practice it gave, and agreed with the prize as some incentive, there was no framework for this event. Playoffs weren't even mentioned in the original thread (though they weren't ruled out either). With one team completely giving up, I think it jeopordises the process, potentially putting a team in the money simply because they had the good fortune to be matched against busy or lazy opponents.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:07 PM

so i'm assuming the chop will be between the 4 win teams.

ihardlyknowher 4-1
Goofball 4-1
bds 4-2
raisins 4-2
dave44 4-2

this means each captain should receive a share of $140 and each team member a share of $90
(140*5) +(90*20) = $2500, the prize pool.

also, it might be easier for witenite and climber to not have to make 25 separate transfer, so i'd suggest they transfer the full team share to each captain ($500) and have the captains divide it from there. sound good all?
Old 10-21-2005, 02:29 PM

i think that's a reasonable solution.

it seems most people feel that it is too much of a hassle to have playoffs...and I agree that it is a bit unfair to have one team possibly win more money just because another team is virtually MIA.

Hope that Tim is feeling better.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:35 PM

This is really lame. I mean really really lame. I can't emphasize enough the lameness of this proposed "solution". Honestly how difficult is it to play two one hour heads-up matches over the next two weeks, I sincerely doubt that there is a single person out there that couldn't make that committment. Lets bring this to its proper conclusion, I don't want to have a sour taste in my mouth every time I remember the disorganized [censored]-show that this turned into.