Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2003, 05:10 PM

Default Re: KK vs. a big stack

Hello,

First time poster, longtime lurker. As far as the situation goes, I've had a similar encounter myself. I was in a 2 table SNG and the blinds were 50/100. I was in 2nd place with around 4000 and the chip leader had around 7000. I picked up KK on the button and there was only 1 limper to me. I raised it to 500, small blind folds, and BB (chip leader) reraises me to 1200. MP limper folds. I figured he had atleast JJ or better. Instead of calling and seeing the flop like some people suggested, I opted to move in. The chances that somebody has AA when I have KK is slim to none. If he had it, I was more than ready to pay him off. I go all in, he called quickly. I turn over two red kings, he turns over the black ones.

In your scenario with the raises and reraises.. I dunno. It's relatively early in the tourney.. I find that in most tourneys, the chip leader early is overly aggressive and is probably reraising with AK suited all the way down to JJ. I'd move in in your spot 9/10 times. Remember.. It's possible he has KK too.