Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 10:22 AM

Default Re: MTT IQ Draught question 1#

First let me say i'm not trrying to be argumentative, incsae you got that vibe, i souund that way sometimes don't mean to.

--
[ QUOTE ]
but I know some friends that would fold to make the money. I thought it would be a good question to differentiate between weaker and stronger MTT players.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were saying it would be better for a weaker player to sometimes fold there, that's not true, folding there is what would make them a weaker player. They are losing value, no matter how they play the stack when the double up, by folding AA or KK there.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:07 AM

Yeah I know, that’s what I am saying, I am agreeing with you. It is a question designed to show that they are a weak player. If they choose to fold, it means I know that they are a weaker player. It’s obviously the wrong choice.

No worries, I want people to argue, otherwise my test won’t be valid. Need to find out the consensus of opinion. Cheers for all your help.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:11 AM

Aha! now i get what you were saying.. cool test, good luck with it, keep us updated w/ it.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is your goal to maximize your $EV, or to win the tourney?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's this about? You maximize your EV by trying to the win the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

The depends on the payout structure, bro. Holla.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:12 PM

1a> call, you got a great multiway hand here, a hand that probably isn't best, but has alot of possibilities. With the money already in the pot, if you do win, you have about 3600 chips, which makes the other player in more danger than you, and gives you an opportunity to get back into the game.

1b> call, pocket 6's against a random hand is nice here, and you could end up tripling up. Might not get a better hand again, and the situation here favors a call since it's not going to have a bunch of others (your 6's could win outright without spiking a set)

1c> fold, you will likely get a better hand, and this one doesn't have much value.

1d> call and hope that sb tags along and noone improves.

2> the information wouldn't have any impact on whether I'd play or not play these hands, except that now I likely have a better chance at hand a. My answers remain the same.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:13 PM

Exactly, and I am trying to create a situation that shows this.

The things I want this question to show are as followes;

1) The appropriate times to gamble it up. Pocket pairs etc.
2) That a suited connector in a multi-way pot performs well, and can greatly increase your chances of a higher finish.
3)That in some circumstances the aggressiveness of the table dictates that you shouldn't gamble it up but instead allow someone to bust themselves out first.
4)That even when the table is very aggressive, you should not turn down a large probability i.e AA, KK.

I thought these 2 questions covered this.... but it appears I have missed to some effect. Can anyone help me improve the question to encorporate these above poker theories.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:22 PM

At least everyone is in agreement for question 1! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2005, 07:50 PM

Can anyone help me alter this question so that it represents the poker theories I just mentioned?

Cheers Jon