Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Re: AQs in a bloated pot facing a turn raise.

I just got done reading some of ED Millers old posts and this is exactly the type of hands he was talking about. There is zero chance of folding here. Anyone who thinks folding is correct then i suggest you go and read his post about this.

Here is the link of acticles mmbt0ne made and EDs articles about this is the first couple.

Articles

The link is actually at the beginning of the thread.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I assume I have to to into call-down mode despite him being passive in a pot this size?

[/ QUOTE ]

That, and you might have some hidden outs against A8 or A5.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

fyp...actually, started fixing your post, and realized that this was going to be more work and more bolding than I wanted to do, so I stopped.

You should be much less worried about a queen falling and making somebody a straight than an ace falling a making you think it improved your hand while it turned somebody's two-pair into a boat, dude. Ace-rag is a much more popular hand than T9 or KT...and both of those hands would be making mistake calling 2 cold on this turn (although it's close for T9).

The only two-pair hand that Villan could have that you're really worried about is AJ...A8/A5 (seems most likely)/J8/J5/85 you've got hidden outs against all of them. If he has a set, c'est la poker. Call down unless you catch a queen, and hope for a 1BB showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. I might have overestimated the straight options, but no one seems to give any credit to the cold callers. The OP didn't give us any read on those so I guess we can treat them as unknowns.

What is your plan for river ? When UI ? When an Ace falls ? When a Q falls ?
Old 10-20-2005, 01:14 PM

I definitely call the turn raise. You have odd to chase if you have 5 outs (although they might not be good). You might have only 3 outs or drawing dead to a set, but I'd still call the turn and think hard on the river if I don't improve.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:41 PM

I took the favoured line when faced with these situations and hoped that he was just waking up with a worse ace than me. I called

River is a brick and I check/call him down and he shows me AJ for a flopped 2 pair and MHING.