Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Advise needed - After PP What?

[ QUOTE ]
YOu could take this chance to open an account with rb.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2005, 03:58 AM

Stars has all of this except unmentionable. But for 3/6 and even 5/10 the rake is much lower there. Plus there is an FPP system where you collect points to enter tournaments.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was afraid someone would ask - because I do feel kind of stupid. Briefly: I was offered $305 for 5800 raked hands. No problem - but kind of tight. I usually never pay attention to Party Points but I noticed that I just qualified for promotion after last quarter. So that should make it easier to qualify. When the promotion did not come through I sent a series of three very polite letters asking why. The answer was always the same - "yes you should be promoted and will be in just a few days."

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not alone, they pulled the same crap on me. They gave me a very high number which would be easily acheivable IF they promoted me like they were supposed to. Then we had a similar series of polite, fruitless emails back and forth where they couldn't explain anything that was going on, but assured me that I would be able to make their number, and wished me luck at the tables.

I too suggested to them that I might move 100% of my online play elsewhere, but the issue of closing my account never came up, in fact they never acknowledged the fact that I might leave.

It's funny how Party can be pretty inconsistent in the way they deal with us.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
YOu could take this chance to open an account with rb.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-20-2005, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, what jerks. They closed your account because you threatened to walk? Or did you actually say, promote it now or close my account?

Anyway, 1 table go to Pacific. Otherwise, Pokerroom, Poker Stars, UB, Prima, are all fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but UB is the least fishy place to play. I would never ever recommend that anyone play there. Horrible bonus structure and crappy games.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:46 AM

I have been playing UB since the split and the mid/high games seem fine. Pretty comparable to Party. Just not a great selection, but plenty of bad play. It would, however, be difficult to surviv on UB alone, but in combination with stars I have been doing fine without Party, and enjoying it!
Old 10-20-2005, 10:00 AM

UB's full ring are reasonable. I think Stars would be the next most softest site compared to Party.

Out of curiosity, why not just send another email to Party support and apologize for treating them like [censored]? I bet you could easily get your account back if you asked.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:54 PM

I suppose I could answer because they are jerks - but the more honest response is the human failing of being too embarrassed to return after making a fool of myself. Not to mention the possible double embarrassment of crawling back and having the door slammed in my face. Not a great answer to your question - but then I never pretended to be one of the more mature members of the human race.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:49 PM

Question on Pacific.

Why is it only one table? Do they not allow more?

I would love to play on a decent site that only allows one table to be played at a time.

(Did I mention "I HATE MULTITABLERS..!!!)

BTW, does this mean the action moves along briskly? I actually could care less if somebody plays 20 tables, but I HATE WAITING ON THEM..

And... one more thing. Do you get to see the mucked cards after an unsuccessful call? I understand PokerTracker works there with an addtional piece of software called "Handgrabber"

Fans, detractors of Pacific, please weigh in..

Tony
Old 10-20-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why is it only one table? Do they not allow more?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

[ QUOTE ]

BTW, does this mean the action moves along briskly? I actually could care less if somebody plays 20 tables, but I HATE WAITING ON THEM..

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll answer this when I stop laughing.

Wait for it.....

No. Not even close. Pacific is ridiculously slow, like B&M slow. Part of that's because of the 6-to-the-river games, part of it's because the software is crap.