Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 01:36 AM

Default Re: QJs

[ QUOTE ]
I would have folded to the flop raise. That said, if you're willing to bet this river after a turn check, I think leading on the turn is a better option. Face him with the prospect of calling a turn and river bet at least. I'd probably check fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this statement, the time to make a play for the pot is on the turn, its easy to call a bet on the river with no diamond, but very hard to call the turn when you know it will take 2 big bets to find out if your opponent is bluffing or not. I too would have folded to the flop raise.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:45 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

I think his turn check indicates that he'll probably pay off a river bet. I think if you're going to call the flop raise, then you need to compenstae somehow by sometimes taking the pot away. that means sometimes betting at a diamond turn. if you don't think it's profitable against this player (who probably has a hand like AJ) then you should fold the flop
Old 10-20-2005, 09:05 AM

Hi Bob,

If you held a high diamond in your hand such as KdQx, how would you play the hand? Is this player unwilling to fold TP? I would normally fold on the flop in this situation. However, had I called the flop bet, depending on the answer to the above question, I might bet the turn to make him fold an A, or check the turn and river, and then checkraise the river if bet into.

Sleeper
Old 10-20-2005, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like your river bluff a lot more on the turn. If you are going to call the flop, which is suspect, you should bet this turn as it looks completely reasonable that you a) have a big diamond, and b) are concerned that he will check behind.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-20-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Bob,

If you held a high diamond in your hand such as KdQx, how would you play the hand? Is this player unwilling to fold TP? I would normally fold on the flop in this situation. However, had I called the flop bet, depending on the answer to the above question, I might bet the turn to make him fold an A, or check the turn and river, and then checkraise the river if bet into.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm misunderstanding - you'd fold 2PGK with a nut flush draw for one bet? ..and then once you've got the nut flush, you'd check-check? I need edumacation, apparently.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:17 PM

If I called the flop raise it would probably be to bet a diamond.