Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 01:27 AM

Default 1-2nl Stacks alot deeper than I\'m used to

Seat 1: ME ( $713.30 )
Seat 4: villan1 ( $856.40 )
Seat 5: villan2 ( $148.20 )
Seat 6: randomplayer1 ( $41.90 )
Seat 3: randomplayer2 ( $99.81 )
Seat 2: randomplayer3 ( $194 )
Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed)
Villan1 and Villan2 are both very loose preflop. However they seem to play a fairly good agressive game once the flop hits. Random players are all very tight.

Preflop:
Dealt to ME [ K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
randomplayer1 folds.
ME raises [$6]. Ok I have a playable hand I make my standard open for 6. I generally make this raise with any time I am first in the pot. I beleive the rest of the table know this.
randomplayer2 folds.
randomplayer3 folds.
villan1 calls [$5]. This could be any 2 cards
villan2 calls [$4]. This could be any 2 suited or better cards

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(Pot $18)</font>
villan1 checks.
villan2 bets [$15].
ME calls [$15]. I feel very very much like I am ahead of villan2 here but I also feel that alot of his range of hands are bluffs. Also I know from past experience if I play back at him he will shut down so I call and try to induce another bluff on the turn. I doubt if villan2 really has anything at this point.
villan1 calls [$15].

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(Pot 63)</font>

villan1 checks.
villan2 bets [$55].
ME raises [$150]. If villan1 calls this bet I still think I'm ahead. I'm not sure what villan2 has but it could be a flush draw and I want to shut him out. There is enough in the pot take it right now.
villan1 calls [$150]
villan2 is all-In [$72.20]

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(Pot 495)</font>
villan2 is all-In [$685.40]

Uhhh... what now? These guys are both very agressive and very loose. I do think villan1 was slowplaying something but it could very well be a worse jack. I've been playing with him for several hours and it would not be the wildest move i've seen him make. Normally I'm either all-in or commited at this point. but now I'm neither of those.

Comments on all streets appreciated
Old 10-20-2005, 01:50 AM

Default Re: 1-2nl Stacks alot deeper than I\'m used to

I would fold this river. I just don't see him making that sort of bet without the goods. TJ probably.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold this river. I just don't see him making that sort of bet without the goods. TJ probably.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I think that is probally obvious. What i was really wanting and should have asked for was comments on the rest of the hand. The part that almost made me loose $500 more before common sense prevailed
Old 10-20-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I think that is probally obvious. What i was really wanting and should have asked for was comments on the rest of the hand. The part that almost made me loose $500 more before common sense prevailed

[/ QUOTE ]

The rest of the hand was perfeect. Actually I think the whole hand is perfect. I'd actually put him on a flopped boat with pocket 3's. I don't think that JT slowplays until the river like that.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The rest of the hand was perfeect. Actually I think the whole hand is perfect. I'd actually put him on a flopped boat with pocket 3's. I don't think that JT slowplays until the river like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, perfect, that's high praise ty. As it turned out he had Villan1 had J3 and villan2 had A5. The turn call scared me enough I was probally checking down anyway.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, perfect, that's high praise ty. As it turned out he had Villan1 had J3 and villan2 had A5. The turn call scared me enough I was probally checking down anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good ish. If I played this hand, this would make me happier than any hand where I flopped the nuts and doubled up. Hell, I feel good after saying that you played it perfectly seeing the results, knowing that you did.

A bet saved is a bet earned.