Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2005, 08:33 PM

Default Small Stack Strategy from GSIHE online?

Hey all,

Forgive me if this has been discussed. I tried to search and didn't come up with exactly what I wanted.

I have read on this site that people have a favorable view of Getting Started in Hold Em as the new must read for beginners. But has anyone with more experience tried playing the Short Stack Strategy from his book while online multitabling?

I have had great (albeit short term)success with it, playing 4 tables, super tight just as he suggests, with 20-25 times the big blind. Whenever I get above 50bb in my stack, I leave the table and go to another (preferably loose) one with the short stack again. It seems with loose competition, it is pretty easy to get people to call your all in when you are the short stack. Almost like they figure, "he can't hurt me, what the heck??" Plus you have less money to lose in one hand, which is helpful for me, because I have a hard time making good reads on players when playing more than 2 tables. Ed Miller seems pretty highly regarded around here, so I wanted to know what do you all think?

Thanks,
MJ