Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Re: What is up with AJ???

Hand 1: This is good. I'm not sure I would check the river, since the scare card might let it get checked through, but once UTG+1 bets it for you, the raise is good. It looks like he just made his flush, so when his 3-bet folds out Button, I like the cap.

Hand 2: I would let this one go once MP1 calls the flop. I don't get the raise.

Hand 3: I don't think the free card is all that bad for you, actually, although I might underestimate the flush possibilities in cases like these. However, people sticking around a 3-bet pre-flop and flop are probably not doing so with primarily a backdoor draw. Kings and jacks are good on the river.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2. Fold the turn, or call the river. If you were ahead on the flop, you're ahead on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true, but he also picked up a wheel draw on the turn that makes it worthwhile to see the river, IMO, even if he was convinced he was behind on the flop. (Doesn't make the flop play correct.)
Old 10-19-2005, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

With a king on the board, he can't have overs. Unless he's a maniac, he's got a flush draw or a king here. I'd fold the flop when MP calls or call the flop and call down if MP folds the turn if I think this guy is putting a move on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I meant something like AQ or AT. I shouldn't have said overcards. And he was borderline maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then folding the river is a huge mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your read is accurate then I agree - you can't fold this river.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:32 PM

Hand 1: This is a clear bet on the river. A made hand you beat is surely calling to protect against a bluff, but may check it through.

Hand 2: Don't like the flop raise. You may be thinking about folding QQ-99, but this requires following through on the turn and possibly river also. Plus the hand is not HU.

Hand 3: With SB calling preflop and flop I don't mind the turn check. Either player could easily have been sitting on a raise and even if they suspect AK it is unlikely they both fold.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:34 PM

Hand 1: Yes, you should have bet out. Letting this check through would be a travesty.

Hand 2: These hands are always tough. I know for sure that if you're calling the turn, you should call the river - particularly that one. I'm intersted to read other replies about the flop action.

Hand 3: Fine.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:47 PM

My thinking on the flop in hand number 2 went something like this:

Villain bet into me and based on past play I thought "Theres a good chance he didn't hit a pair on thius flop, so I'll raise."

Villain reraised; "uh oh...but, he is very aggressive so he may be trying to posture or get a free card...I'll take one off." I call.

On the turn Villain bets. "Damn. I picked up a wheel draw and if it hits I can check-raise and maybe even get three-bet and win enough to call with 8.5BB in the pot." I call.

On river villain bets again. "He has to have me beat here. He has at least a pair". I fold

Thats what was going through my head.