Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 09:52 PM

Default Re: Kane\'s Story

i dont think my story is that interesting because its the same as everyone's.

ive only been playing 50/100 for a week. i got lucky and ended up playing against a maniac who gave away alot of money. right now i am being very careful and trying to pick my spots. diabo and brusier both have said that these games have been very good lately, and this normally doesn't last. GreenPlastic is probably the toughest player Ive played against, and I havent seen him in days.

There are several bad players in this game that appear to have huge bankrolls.

I cashed out (still waiting now) the big win I pulled against cantseeu from prevent myself from losing that or doing something dumb.

i am having alot of fun playing at UB. that is what i keep telling people the most. its just fun playing SHed with these guys, and its improving my game. someone will check a hand behind in a certain situation and trap me, and itll cost me money, but ill make more money in the future incorporating certain plays into my game.

if arb is SR, then he hasn't even showed me his game yet. also, flynn suspected SR as a losing player previously in this forum... regardless, im not going to underestimate any player in this game.

2) what was your bankroll when you started out and what games did you first start playing?

from another thread:

"in jun 04 i borrowed some money from my mom and sold about 1000 worth of pirated cd's on ebay until they banned my account. then i found poker on the web, lost about 300 playing $11 sng's. then bought 5 or 6 books and studied for two weeks. borrowed another 300 from my mom to play again, and paid her back in about 2 weeks. for about 5 months i grinded it out in that idiot game, being way to cautious with my bankroll. in dec 03-may 04 i played 1/2 nl 8 tables for about 1500-2000/week. then i got bored and started reading alot of books and decided i wanted to wander. before i left i took a shot at 5/10 for some reason, and i destroyed the game, and realized that if i kept playing that id be rich soon, but i wanted to travel so i did starting aug 04. in dec 04 i was supposed to return to go to college but didnt want to, so i returned to playing poker in internet cafes. i was again too cautious. finally in jan 05 returning to 5/10 with good results. in jun 05 i started at 10/20 and havent looked back."
Old 10-18-2005, 09:58 PM

but the girlfriend thing kane, the girlfriend thing...
Old 10-18-2005, 10:16 PM

good answer.

[ QUOTE ]
i am having alot of fun playing at UB. that is what i keep telling people the most. its just fun playing SHed with these guys, and its improving my game. someone will check a hand behind in a certain situation and trap me, and itll cost me money, but ill make more money in the future incorporating certain plays into my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:56 PM

Thank you Kane, this is all I was asking. I appreciate it. Now the girlfriend thing, this is not my doing I assure you
Old 10-18-2005, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ps - Don't forget the kneepads. -AZK

[/ QUOTE ]

When did AZK become funny? Nh