Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 10:25 PM

Default 2 quicky hands

Went back to work off some bonus at Absolute.

This is my 7th hand at the table. EP1 has played in 4 of the previous 6 hands and won every one of them, including sucking out on the river twice. Only hand he raised in those was AKo from the SB when everyone folded to him.

Absolute $1/2 9 handed
Hero is UTG+1 with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] MP1 posts

UTG calls. Hero calls. EP1 raises. All fold to BB. BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

<font color="red">I hate the fact that I didnt raise here. The tables at Absolute are very tight and a raise here will more then likely get me heads up with UTG. However AJo is one of those hands that has been giving me fits the last 10k hands, as every play I make with seems to turn out wrong. </font>

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB checks, UTG bets. Hero raises. EP1 3-bets. BB folds. UTG calls. Hero calls

<font color="red">The 3 bet wasnt expected and certainly narrows EP1 range of hands down to AA/JJ/AK/AQ/AJ or maybe KQ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] </font>

Turn 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG checks. Hero bets, EP1 raises, UTG calls, Hero ??

<font color="red">My bet here seems donkish to me now, at the time I was thinking I didnt want to give either a diamond or club draw a free card and if EP1 raised me I could probably fold. So he raised - do I fold with 16:1 possibly drawing dead </font>

3 hands later,
Hero is SB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG calls, MP1 calls, Buttons calls, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero bets, BB raises, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Button 3 bets, Hero ??

<font color="red">I think this is a clear fold with 2 back to me and 2 guys cold calling, as I expect one of them has the ten and is waiting until the turn or will now cap it behind me. </font>
Old 10-18-2005, 10:30 PM

Default Re: 2 quicky hands

Hand 1: I can't see you having the best hand at this point. I try to find a fold on the flop or maybe take one of and try to hit the jack with the money in the pot.

Hand 2: Easy fold, you are outkicked or up against a better queen. I doubt someone is taking KJ this far, but I still fold
Old 10-18-2005, 10:49 PM

Default Re: 2 quicky hands

1- i don't think anyone would 3-bet &amp; raise this turn with TT-KK, so AK &amp; AQ are pretty solid reads. betting out and calling 2 cold on the flop i'd peg UTG with a fd or maybe, maybe T9? I'd see the turn since any 9 gives you a bd straight draw and your non-d J's are solid.

From the turn the bet-raise-utg call tells me you're drawing to 3 outs. Hindsight ?- is the check-call, call any non-diamond river paying off too much?

2- I'm completing from the SB here too but mainly for 2pr or the fd. can't possibly be ahead.