Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 09:31 AM

Default Re: spewing here?

[ QUOTE ]
KQ of diamonds doesnt raise the turn?

He is a player that loves to isolate preflop, I understand that an a/k is just as likely, but then tell me what he folds on the river....AJ? maybe AQ, no way Ace/king, maybe qq or kk

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think its a question of what did he lay down but more importantly how many bets you invested into this pot to get him to lay down a better hand or give up on his bluff.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
KQ of diamonds doesnt raise the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
KQ diamonds sure as heck shouldn't 3-bet the turn.

And no, if you'd bet out, then KQ shouldn't be raising (and risking a 3-bet) with so many outs.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:33 AM

No I didn't he liked to isolate and he had been on a bit of a run. I have played with him before, he likes to get fancy at times. he would have played a low pocket pair the same way, but he picks his spots, plays only about 15% of his hands but overplays them
Old 10-18-2005, 09:34 AM

you are beating nothing expect a poorly played 99 come the turn. I would seriously check/folding the turn.

Edit: Add the previously mention KQd. This adds up to 7 total combos you are ahead against some obscene number that you are behind.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It sure looks like you're way behind. I bet/fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is what I would do 9 times out of ten....I guess my post really meant....what did he lay down on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

i really really dont think it was a flush draw, i actually think you got him to lay down the best hand here, but it cost you a lot of bets and i dont think you play works nearly often enough to be profitable

[/ QUOTE ]

Well let me tell you that he did have the KQ d

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then your read on this player is wrong or you have one hell of a weak tight image in this game. If he views you as a decent player he played his hand like $hit.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:45 AM

well against a player who is capable of going nuts like this on a royal draw, im calling down from the turn, but theres no reason to put up as many bets as you did when most of the time you are way behind here

and if the only hand you can possibly be beating is a draw, theres no value to a river c/r, hes not calling when your ahead and hes probably not folding when your behind