Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Atlanta Falcons: Bridgejumper?

Probably not because they play the Jets this week and no one is high on them, but the early line looks to be -7. Jets just lost their starting center for the year. This is Monday night. Vick will be healthy and up for this game. The defense has a lot to prove. This week is the perfect week to do it. They have a bye week after this week At -7. I will load up on the Falcons (5%). I'm afraid this line will go to -9 or -10 soon. Hurry, someone convince me otherwise.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Atlanta Falcons: Bridgejumper?

Vick starts every game healthy lol
Old 10-17-2005, 05:22 PM

This game is available at Hollywood at -6.5 -112. Jump on this and look for middle opportunity later in the week. Early reports show Duckett is Falcons only significant injury.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:05 PM

I already got this at -7, I really like the Falcons here, for most of the reasons you've provided.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:15 PM

I wouldn't underestimate the Jets in this one. 7 points is a lot to give any team with a decent D. I suppose taking -6.5 as an early hedge isn't a terrible idea but it's still 4 more points than you want to give almost any pro team. This game is another must win for the Jets...I'm not certain Herm Edwards can last beyond this year with his 2nd 6-10 record in 3 years. NY's a tough town and Hermie's on his 5th season.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:41 PM

The Falcons are a lock, just like they were last week. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Seriously, they haven't looked great, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets cover this. Then again, I never think any lines are soft, so maybe I'm not the best source.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't underestimate the Jets in this one. 7 points is a lot to give any team with a decent D. I suppose taking -6.5 as an early hedge isn't a terrible idea but it's still 4 more points than you want to give almost any pro team. This game is another must win for the Jets...I'm not certain Herm Edwards can last beyond this year with his 2nd 6-10 record in 3 years. NY's a tough town and Hermie's on his 5th season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah a lot of people underestimated the Saints and they covered most later spreads and even many early spreads.

The Jets have a pretty good defense, but their Run D is ranked 26th. However it's early in the season and they've faced primarily run oriented teams. I'm not saying I like the Jets but 7 points is quite a bit. Be careful. I think I'd consider teasing it 6 points for the Falcons to maybe -1 or something with the under.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not certain Herm Edwards can last beyond this year with his 2nd 6-10 record in 3 years. NY's a tough town and Hermie's on his 5th season.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say he gets a pass this year, considering his top TWO quarterbacks went down. And he has got them into the playoffs three of the last four years (I think the only Jets coach ever to accomplish that).
Old 10-17-2005, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not certain Herm Edwards can last beyond this year with his 2nd 6-10 record in 3 years. NY's a tough town and Hermie's on his 5th season.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say he gets a pass this year, considering his top TWO quarterbacks went down. And he has got them into the playoffs three of the last four years (I think the only Jets coach ever to accomplish that).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he's a bad coach at all, but it's NY and the urgency to win is always Now with a capital N. The Jets may need this one more badly the Falcons and getting the extra 7 sure helps.