Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 08:26 PM

Default AJ in CO gets re-raised by SB

This is in the AP Challenge a freeroll on Absolute Poker where top finishers from all their other multi table tournaments (including freerolls) qualify. About 600 left out of 1100+. Total prize pool is $1000. I'm in the CO, villain is in the SB. Blinds are 40/80, my stack is about 2500, his is about 2600. My read on him is that I've noticed him steal the blinds several times himself, and I've stolen the blinds from him several times. I've been expecting him to re-raise one of my steals at some point. I've got AJo and raise to 240 (3 BB has been my standard raise). He re-raises to 520. What do I do?
Old 10-16-2005, 08:48 PM

Default Re: AJ in CO gets re-raised by SB

Well, I'll take the noob shot at it and see if I get chewed up and learn something. No fold at all, and I think the call looks weak as it may tell him that you were trying to steal, but have just decent enough hand in late position to play like a smaller pair, or some lesser broadway cards and decent suited connectors. How about coming over the top and match raise his bet to give him something to think about. The danger then I guess is he pushes to steal the whole show or reraises once more, which you'd probably have to call. A lot of action heads up PF. As an aside, how would any posters respond if the flop came down unfavorable?
Old 10-17-2005, 06:47 AM

Anyone else? I want to post results, but only after getting some more feedback.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:55 AM

Fold. Im not convinced given your read that he will repop you preflop with air. Any 3 bet preflop commits you so it sucks.

The small raise indicates strength to me, not weakness, so I'd wait for a better spot to get my $$ in.