Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Can I play QQ this way?

Miller's Crushing LLHE This answers the question very well.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because of the fact that I would have folded this hand on the turn unimporved.

[/ QUOTE ]
Folding this UI on the turn is worse than just folding outright to the c/r, since it'll cost you an sb more almost all the time.

If I had to put c/rer on a hand, I'd almost always put him something other than Jx. Jx is seldom going to c/r here because he doesn't want to face the field with two bets on a cheap street.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:52 AM

Damn now that gave me chills. Nice. Thanks a million. Very inspiring post. Thank you again. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2005, 10:54 AM

Obviously need to re-evaluate my play on this type of board.
Thanks.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:07 AM

basically you should temper your fear about someone holding trips when the board is paired by realizing it's more unlikely they have a J than, say, anything.

just as importantly, your opponent is likely to assume you missed such a board... i.e.: thinks you have missed overcards, not an overpair.

if you're up against a very straightforward and passive opponent, you might think about getting to the river cheaply. but in general, a single bet, even a single c/r on the flop, is not a reason to suspect that your opponent has flopped trip J's in a situation like this
Old 09-15-2005, 11:45 AM

Thanks EN I'll remember this on my next session.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:51 PM

Folding here is a very bad. It's way too likely you have the best hand. I am not worried at all about Sb's hand as he is making a clear the field out type of play, and probably has a 4 or something in really bad shape against you. The cold call by UTG+2 is your main concern, but it's very possible he is on a pocket pair or flush draw. I would call the turn. If the turn action goes, Sb bets, UTG+2 calls, I would raise. If UTG+2 raises I would fold, the turn. You your position to see where UTG+2 stands in the hand.