Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Re: LO8 cajun 5-10

[ QUOTE ]
You have to love them both, since they're "action" players. Another time you might have a better flush and get paid off from both of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I've played a wide variety of O8 games recently, but this was first game in several months that had so many action players. I was loving it.

[ QUOTE ]
If you knew both SB and Button also had the nut deuce-trey low, you should fold to the double bet.

But there's no way for you to know that and there still was a chance, from your perspective, that you'd catch a deuce or a trey on the turn or river.

The place to get out would have been when you were faced with the double bet on the second betting round.

Without such a perfect uncounterfeitable low, you could have cut your losses by folding to the double bet back on the second betting round.

But with that perfect uncounterfeitable low it's very difficult, and I think incorrect, to fold to the double bet on the second betting round.

Once you called that double bet on the second betting round, I think you were locked in the pot

[/ QUOTE ]

To me, the interesting decision in this hand is whether to call the double raise on the second betting round. I couldn't really put anybody on a hand. I assumed that there was a flush out there, and perhaps a set. With the ace on the flop, it's possible that the players felt that any two unpaired wheel cards were good for low. I assumed that BB would cap it, and since the MPs had already called two bets cold, I could hope that they would call two more.

When I first look at a O8 hand, I try to envision how I'm going to scoop or 3/4 the pot with it. When it came back to me for two bets on the 2nd betting round, I knew I was only playing for half, a situation I hate to be in for image and morale purposes. On the other hand, it's difficult to catch big hands that are contending both ways, and it's poor limit O8 play to constantly fear being quartered or worse. In fact, if all the MP's had seen the turn, I might have kept pounding on future rounds, knowing full well that basically I was trying to break even.

I wasn't unhappy with the way I played this, but wanted some other perspectives. Thanks for all responses.

Mack