Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Play It Again Sam

The reason I posted is that I mis-read the PF action as the second scenario, when in fact it was the first i.e. I thought CO had 3-bet PF and MP was the cold-caller.

You cannot seriously say that a player with a close-to-zero PFR who 3-bets has the same hand range as a looser PFR 6 player? If MP had cold-called his hand range could be very wide and include most pairs, many suited hands and stuff like QJo/JTo. A cold-calling Rock is interesting, especially when he just calls a draw-rich board.

The PF action does this:
(1) MP makes a continuation bet, CO just calls.
(2) MP donks the PFR, PFR just calls.

In my book this is a different situation and we certainly need a plan for what to do on the River, given that we will see the Turn and likely have odds to call again. I also see a Flop CR as a possibility in scenario (1).
Old 10-15-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Play It Again Sam

This is a good analysis.

Let's say you call the Flop. The Turn is a non-diamond Q - MP bets again and CO calls. Do we want to SD UI now? This is the really tough point IMO, and has resonance with the earlier play (hence my post).