Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 10:45 AM

Default Re: Got stiffed on a tip tonight

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, I'm very sorry the government taxes their tips. That's [censored] up but that ain't my fault. I mean, it would appear that waitresses are one of the many groups that the government fucks in the ass on a regular basis. I mean, if you show me a piece of paper that says the government shouldn't do that I'll sign it. Put it to a vote, I'll vote for it, but what I won't do is play ball. I've got two words for that: learn to [censored] type. 'Cause if you're expecting me to help out with the rent you're in for a big [censored] surprise.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly right. Stupid system, don't blame the customers who choose not to go along with it. If you can't live with the way the job pays, it's not the job for you. Get over it, or move on.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:55 AM

I know this is OOT, and I know u guys don't mean any harm but this guy was truly wronged. As americans we take pride in tipping and it has become something that tipped employees depend on. Personally I am happy that I have the option to tip what I want. I just got back from the EU and let me tell you, those people have no class. Not only do they force tips into the price but they even charge you to use the toilet. Think about it, you pay $100 for your dinner, go to the bathroom, and there's a street thug lady in there asking u for 50 cents to wash your hands. Treat people right, and let's keep our country great, lest we become like those classes europeans

Indy
Old 10-15-2005, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For those of you who don't think tipping is part of the bill, STFU. Servers don't get a paycheck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate tipping. I do it, but on some occassions, I don't. What I seriously don't appreciate is the societal pressure to tip, when in reality restaurants should pay their employees a decent amount, so their employees don't have to rely on charity to pay their bills.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They all got sirloin steaks, shrimp, and stuff like that. The ending tab: $102

[/ QUOTE ]

Red Lobster?

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 10-15-2005, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They all got sirloin steaks, shrimp, and stuff like that. The ending tab: $102

[/ QUOTE ]

Red Lobster?

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently it was Appleby's. It's shocking that someone wouldn't tip at such a high-class establishment. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2005, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Getting left 0 is brutal - you have to be a super douchebag to tip nothing, or the service has to be utterly non-existent. I'd bet it's the former in this case, as it usually is.

I can't believe how cheap some people are - seriously

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

I was taught by my parents to always tip generously. They instilled in me that it was good manners. It's something that they taught all their children.

I know people will say I'm a chump but even to this day I cannot stiff a waiter because I can envision my mom's disapproving scowl if I were to do so.

15-20% people. have a heart.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shitty tipper Database

[/ QUOTE ]
Couple comments on this...first, wow, what a sense of entitlement...
1. Evidently a good tip is SOLELY based on percentage. I saw many $1000 dinner bills w/ $100 tips listed as shitty, really? It may not be 17%, but, maybe you should look at it as "WOW a $100 TIP!!!", not the %
2. Also, evidently celebrities are required to tip a much higher percentage than anyone else. Are they expecting a $100 tip on a $10 bill just because the person is a celeb?
3. Lastly, maybe these servers arent' telling the whole story (big surprise), I saw many $250 dinner bills w/ a 25cent tip. Do you think they really sat there and gave you 25cents because they are cheap?, no way, that was meant to be a statement, they probably received crappy service and it's there way of telling you so. They didn't want to not tip at all because then you might think they just forgot, you were supposed to notice the 25cents.

That is all
Old 10-15-2005, 11:53 AM

People are assholes. Such is life. The privledged and selfish aren't going to cry for you, Sparky.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:31 PM

why does this always turn into a stupid argument and calling people cheap? this has NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING CHEAP.

if you're cheap, are you likely to tip less? well, sure. but you're also likely to not want to spend money in other ways. if you get stiffed on a tip though, it DOES NOT mean that the people are "cheap". it's about service.

i don't think i've ever stiffed someone. i usually just give around 15% all the time, more for better service. but i hate that i do that. it's gotten to the point where it's expected, and servers have gotten lazy. face the facts! the whole purpose of a tip is to show you appreciated the service. it IS NOT OR SHOULD NEVER BECOME CUSTOMARY.

that website is horrible too.. some whiner in an ice cream parlor complaining that tom hanks ONLY DROPPED A DOLLAR IN THE TIP JAR FOR HIS $10 ICE CREAM ORDER! i'd like that slap that bitch in the face! the tip jar is the most bogus thing i've ever seen. people tip WAY TOO MUCH in the united states. europe has it right baby.

man, if you are gonna start tipping morons in ice cream parlors and starbucks, where is it going to end? why not just tip everyone? you're an engineer? you designed this bridge downtown? put a jar outside and every time i drive over it i'll give you a buck. how [censored] dumb.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:47 PM

I'm sure you have had 30% tips on similar bills before, so stop complaining. It's called variance.