Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Re: name influence

[ QUOTE ]
For limit, I liked having a recognizeable name because I felt like opponents "feared" me more. For NL, I hate it because people are more willing to take shots at me since they know I am relatively tight postflop.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

couldn't agree more... thanks for making up my new and improved, better than ever NL moniker.

Barron
Old 10-14-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no lol not you. i dont play 10/20 6max either btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

aye. what do you play now?
Old 10-14-2005, 05:31 PM

I need a name for my new account. Should I pick something unintelligible like k72r93b?
Old 10-14-2005, 05:34 PM

it makes sense that ppl would take shots at you particularly since you are percieved as someone who can laydown.

i guess its up to you to figure out whos who and then adjust. in this way it could be more profitable.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it makes sense that ppl would take shots at you particularly since you are percieved as someone who can laydown.

i guess its up to you to figure out whos who and then adjust. in this way it could be more profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I think in limit holdem I really don't want people putting me to the test all the time. They're probably playing closer to optimal if they do.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I think in limit holdem I really don't want people putting me to the test all the time. They're probably playing closer to optimal if they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea. me either.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you...but it's not so much putting me to the test as it is putting in too many bets stupidly or making a hopeless raise at some point in the hand...and damn do I get paid off. Everyone always thinks I'm putting a move on them and calls me with hands I think they would fold if it wasn't me. Maybe I'm just retarded but I doubt it. It's like how you take players out of their comfort zones and they screw up hands. It's part of the reason I play so agressively live. Players just odn't know how to adapt.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:56 PM

I haven't been able to read all of the responses so this may already have been suggested, but I would take a look at your PT numbers.

I have been playing the skins under two names, one of which is "known". I was thinking of changing the "known" name except that my BB/100 is higher. I'm not sure that it's a statistically significant difference but it's enough of one to convince me not to change.

I think I may be able to steal more, particularly pre-flop, playing under my "known" name.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no lol not you. i dont play 10/20 6max either btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

aye. what do you play now?

[/ QUOTE ]

15/30-20/40
Old 10-14-2005, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For limit, I liked having a recognizeable name because I felt like opponents "feared" me more. For NL, I hate it because people are more willing to take shots at me since they know I am relatively tight postflop.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never taken a shot against you in my life.