Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Airports are [censored] ricidulous

I cant think of any other time you pay as much money for a service where is so constantly acceptable for things not to be timely. I'm venting because my flight is delayed, so i will miss my connector, so i won't get into MN until like 11:00 instead of 8 when i skipped class to get there ealier.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Airports are [censored] ricidulous

[ QUOTE ]
I cant think of any other time you pay as much money for a service where is so constantly acceptable for things not to be timely. I'm venting because my flight is delayed, so i will miss my connector, so i won't get into MN until like 11:00 instead of 8 when i skipped class to get there ealier.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the frustration, but there are so many things that are beyond the control of anyone that affects how timely everything operates.

The worst I remember was sitting on the ground in DFW in an MD80 for over an hour, and having people get all pissed off at the airline for the delay. Meanwhile, a thunderstorm raged overhead.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:37 PM

i think it's pretty amazing that you can pay a few hundo and get into a big metal tube that flies you across a huge country
Old 10-14-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think it's pretty amazing that you can pay a few hundo and get into a big metal tube that flies you across a huge country

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, overall its a good deal, im just venting because this has happened the last couple of time i have flown. I think flights get delayed enought that airlines should try to work out systems where they can send passengers to each others flights to make things more convientant for people, there are people who have more pressing reasons to be on time then me.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, overall its a good deal, im just venting because this has happened the last couple of time i have flown. I think flights get delayed enought that airlines should try to work out systems where they can send passengers to each others flights to make things more convientant for people, there are people who have more pressing reasons to be on time then me.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah, airports definitely suck, there's just nothing you can do about it

last few times i have flown i have been dangerously close to missing connecting flights due to delays
Old 10-14-2005, 03:53 PM

Did you get felt up by a 63 year-old man while going through security? I love when that happens.

"Leonard Washington don't get buck naked for no one"
Old 10-14-2005, 03:57 PM

Flight s get delayed. No way around that. I just wish they were more forthcoming with information when it happens. It's just annoying sitting around not knowing anything. Plus the airlines manage to find the rudest people on earth to provide customer service.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:59 PM

It's faster than walking/driving/other modes of transport.

If you fly enough, you will get used to it.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think flights get delayed enought that airlines should try to work out systems where they can send passengers to each others flights to make things more convientant for people, there are people who have more pressing reasons to be on time then me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The major airlines have a system set up exactly like that.

http://airtravel.about.com/cs/delays/a/rule240.htm

Unless you're flying on one of the low-cost carriers like Southwest or JetBlue - they generally have a policy of never pushing their passengers over to other airlines. While the 240-like rules on the majors don't cover weather or some other problems, they do have other rules (all in the contract of carriage) stating when and how you can get your ticket endorsed over to another airline because of other delay causes.

I've had success in the past getting United to endorse my ticket onto other carriers when a delay in my initial flight would make me miss my connection, and no alternate United flights could get me to my final destination in a reasonable timeframe.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:01 PM

My favorite was when my wife and I were flying out to Seattle to visit a friend. We ended up delayed something like 4 hours on some trouble with the plane. First, the plane was late getting in. Then, they came over and said we'd be delayed about half an hour because of a problem with "a light". Every half hour or so, they backed it up another half hour to 45 minutes. Finally, we got on the plane and pushed off. As we were taxiing out to the runway, the plane came to a halt. The captain came on the PA a few minutes later and said something about how there's a problem with the plane that they couldn't fix, but "we're just going to take off anyway". We were next in a long line of planes to get on the runway and we ended up sitting there for an hour and a half before returning to the gate. They didn't let us off the plane and we sat there for another hour before finally taking off.