Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Re: What\'s your favorite $1 fast food item?

[ QUOTE ]
Double cheeseburger at McD's.

However, I just watched Super Size Me last night. I don't think I'll eat anymore McD's for a while. Sure it's a somewhat biased documentary, but it made me look at the nutritional value of some of the meals I've been eating.

It's a wonder I'm not dead after eating the Grilled Sourdough Burger from Hardees. The meal has something like 91 grams of fat and over 1800 calories.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm getting sick of reading posts like this almost everyday here..."After watching Super Size Me, I'll never eat blah blah blah". I would eat a fried [censored] sandwich if it tasted good. People have been eating stuff that is bad for them ever since man-ape rubbed two sticks together and created fire. So long as you eat a well balanced diet, this stuff isn't bad for you long-term.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:12 PM

Dbl cheeseburger w/ $1 sundae
Old 10-14-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Double cheeseburger at McD's.

However, I just watched Super Size Me last night. I don't think I'll eat anymore McD's for a while. Sure it's a somewhat biased documentary, but it made me look at the nutritional value of some of the meals I've been eating.

It's a wonder I'm not dead after eating the Grilled Sourdough Burger from Hardees. The meal has something like 91 grams of fat and over 1800 calories.

[/ QUOTE ]

so before you watched a documentary you had no idea mcdonalds was so bad for your body?? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2005, 02:18 PM

by the way this thread is the perfect example of a really solid thread
Old 10-14-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

anybody remember a mexican restaurant called zantigo in the 80s? their entire menu was 99 cents and under, and the food was really good. taco bell bought them.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are still here (or back) in the Twin Cities. No longer a 99 cent menu, but good food at a decent price. Not sure if the chilito is under a buck, but it's a winner.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:30 PM

White Castle cheeseburger
Old 10-14-2005, 02:40 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

[ QUOTE ]
They are still here (or back) in the Twin Cities. No longer a 99 cent menu, but good food at a decent price. Not sure if the chilito is under a buck, but it's a winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

i checkout out zantigo.com and under 'about us' it looks like they're claiming a 1999 genesis and not some kind of restaurant continuation. i emailed the franchising people to affirm my belief and i'll report the results if i get any.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:54 PM

Hey,

So I drove by In-N-Out today and noticed that their hamburgers cost $1.60. I thought it was ~$1.10 but I was wrong, their fries cost that much. Anyhow, those don't qualify although I think they are the best fast food burger.

I bought a filet-o-fish today and 2 McChicken sandwiches sans mayo and they were quite good. I spread some horseradish mustard I have from a deli joint and it was even better. I ate the filet-o-fish as is and I still think it's quite good.

Seems like quite a number of you guys suggested the KFC Snacker, which I never tried before but seen their commercials. I'll try one this weekend and I'm looking forward to it. Should I request some type of sauce or something for it?

I'm surprised not that many people suggested the BK double cheeseburger which I think is one of the BEST .99 value items in the world. Their meat tastes a lot better than Jack or McD's or Wendy's. Since it's flame-broiled I think it's on another level compared to their competition.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:05 AM

I like to get a double cheeseburger, small fries, and mozzerella sticks from Mc D's and put the fries and mozzerella sticks on the burger grease truck style.