Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Fantasy Basketball: Auction Drafts

Advice? Tips? Comments?

I have one in 2 days and I've never done one before. We start with $200. Should I stock up on all 3 shooters or all types of players to fill a certain stat? Anyone done one of these before?
Old 10-12-2005, 06:20 AM

Default Re: Fantasy Basketball: Auction Drafts

i have no idea, but i think you could pick a category or two to slack in, so that you are stronger in the rest
Old 10-12-2005, 08:23 AM

Best player available. If you aren't sure who's the best player, go to www.basketballmonster.com and load in your scoring system. It will break it down for you.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Best player available. If you aren't sure who's the best player, go to www.basketballmonster.com and load in your scoring system. It will break it down for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by best player available? It's an auction draft, meaning they put a player up for auction and owners bid. There really isn't best player available, since everyone is available.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by best player available? It's an auction draft, meaning they put a player up for auction and owners bid. There really isn't best player available, since everyone is available.

[/ QUOTE ]

So go best value relative to the list the monster spits out.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So go best value relative to the list the monster spits out.

[/ QUOTE ]

It goes in order of value. With auctions, you can pick right away. I'm basically asking if I should stock a couple categories or go for a more rounded team? There should be a good strategy for auctions. A couple great superstars or a lot of above average players.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:04 AM

I'm in a league where I try and compete in every category. Recently my team became very good, so I had to forsake turnovers, but that was more a product of my team getting so much better. I still think that trying for across the board balance without guys who are category killers (Baron Davis, Shaq) is the way to go. Guys like Donyell Marshall, Shane Battier, Marcus Camby, Tayshaun Prince are all basically studs that don't get stud-level respect.