Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 09:13 AM

Default Heads-Up Strategy (and QQ OOP)

First,

I'm playing a series of heads-up winner take all games with a friend and was curious what kind of strategy you all use when for such a scenario. The reason we're playing in the first place is to tweak our heads-up play, but i think i'm playing too soft. So i'm curious about some ideas.

Now on to the hand in question: the opponent is a serious LAG who's trying to 'reform'. He used to be much more loose, but has tightened up a bit. He's still a LAG though.

We started with 10k each and 100/200 blinds. I have 6500.
I'm BB with QQ. He calls, i check.

Flop: Qc Js 4d

I check, he checks.

turn: 8c

I check, he bets 700, i raise to 2000, he calls.

River 7s

I check he bets 2500 I push, he calls.

EDIT

Also, i've noticed that all of our heads up matches end in less than 30 minutes, regardless of our stack sizes in relation to the blinds.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:54 AM

Default Re: Heads-Up Strategy (and QQ OOP)

This should probobly be posted in the tourneys section. I think there is a thread going on now regarding headsup play in the one table tourneys forums.

headsup play is adaptation to the exact type of opponent you are playing. At these stakes, opponents rarely switch up their games and are often predictable.

Against LAGs during HU play, I usually like passive play. Weak leads and bet/3-bets also work well too. Theres also a thread going on in the SSNL a few pages back titled 'aggression'by soah, you might want to check that out.