Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 04:35 PM

Default Re: does he have quads....wtf do I do

I would lead a value bet after the river trying to represent I have a deuce. Vilian can easily put you on a deuce if he does not have one.

If Vilian does not have a deuce, he would fold or call.
If Vilian does has a deuce, he would raise or push.
I would fold to any raise or push after my lead bet unless Vilian is a super aggressive player.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never been busted by four of a kind and have only seen a PP full house been busted once in all my time playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised by this. I've been playing almost nightly for 2 years or so (usually 3-4 tabling it)... I've personally been busted by quads at least twice and I've seen quads shown easily 30 times or so.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For those of you who wanted to check/call - what if hero checked here and villian pushed - NOW WHAT?

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be a tough decision, and a crying call if you make it. BUT this is better than bet/calling because villain might bet a worse hand than ours if we check. If he's raising our "block," he definitely has the 2.

Of all the possible options, betting/calling the river seems like the only incorrect play, IMO.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't like the way you played the flop. generally, if i'm reraising, it'll be a push, but since your stacks are so deep i'd rather call and check-raise the turn. you have pretty much a lock on the hand barring a one- or two-outer, so let him bet again.

as played, you should raise more on the flop...make it another $10 (to $15). this would have made the pot around $30 and you'd have been able to get your stack in by the river by betting $20 on the turn and your last $45 on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would I give away completely the strength of my hand by pushing on the flop or checkraising the turn I have the second nuts on the flop and this player is terrible. I hate the check raise at these limits completely and totally pretty much players pay you off no matter what. At these limits slow playing is stupid and so is check raising.

On a side note I decided to block the river but then decided he would have played AA KK QQ the same way and with the odds I was getting I couldnt see how I could lay it down. So I called...
Old 10-13-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would I give away completely the strength of my hand by pushing on the flop or checkraising the turn I have the second nuts on the flop and this player is terrible. I hate the check raise at these limits completely and totally pretty much players pay you off no matter what.

[/ QUOTE ]

you already gave away the strength of your hand by putting in the 3rd raise on the flop. now he knows that you have at least a 2. you're lucky he's an idiot and didn't fold with only a 7 kicker.

[ QUOTE ]
At these limits slow playing is stupid and so is check raising.

[/ QUOTE ]
check-raising is a tool that can be used in any game.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why would I give away completely the strength of my hand by pushing on the flop or checkraising the turn I have the second nuts on the flop and this player is terrible. I hate the check raise at these limits completely and totally pretty much players pay you off no matter what.

[/ QUOTE ]

you already gave away the strength of your hand by putting in the 3rd raise on the flop. now he knows that you have at least a 2. you're lucky he's an idiot and didn't fold with only a 7 kicker.

[ QUOTE ]
At these limits slow playing is stupid and so is check raising.

[/ QUOTE ]
check-raising is a tool that can be used in any game.

[/ QUOTE ]

We actually had a discussion at the end of the hand and he said he thought I was on a complete bluff. Had I check raised the turn he probably would have folded because now he knows im not [censored] around. If I keep betting the turn I very well still might be on a bluff according to him. Do you even play at these low limits...solid straight forward play with no tricky stupid stuff seems to work the best.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:52 PM

How do you check raise the turn after 3betting the flop and getting a non-scary turn card?

Why would he bet behind you there?
Old 10-13-2005, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On a side note I decided to block the river but then decided he would have played AA KK QQ the same way and with the odds I was getting I couldnt see how I could lay it down. So I called...

[/ QUOTE ]

You decided that he wouldn't have raised preflop with those hands? I think it's a big mistake to base your decisions on the assumption that a big pocket pair got tricky and checked preflop in a four-way pot, out of position. If something that stupid works out for the opponent, you should be willing to get fooled by it.

You also shouldn't flip-flop on strategy in the middle of a street. Your $20 lead makes no sense if you're going to call any raise, since it folds out some hands that you beat and could bet, and kills the possibility of picking off a bluff.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:50 AM

Got em back kinda

***** Hand History for Game 2852749394 *****
$50 NL Texas Hold'em - Friday, October 14, 01:19:50 EDT 2005
Table Table 36633 (6 max) (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 2: pegger77 ( $32.43 )
Seat 3: oopsu ( $78.85 )
Seat 6: TheJProbst ( $144.35 )
Seat 1: thedarkness4 ( $65.30 )
Seat 4: trfic13 ( $29.50 )
Seat 5: bluej ( $47.81 )
oopsu posts small blind [$0.25].
trfic13 posts big blind [$0.50].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to TheJProbst [ 2c 2s ]
bluej folds.
TheJProbst calls [$0.50].
thedarkness4 folds.
pegger77 calls [$0.50].
oopsu calls [$0.25].
trfic13 raises [$1.50].
TheJProbst calls [$1.50].
pegger77 folds.
oopsu folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 6d, 2h, 4s ]
>You have options at Table 36600 (6 max) Table!.
trfic13 bets [$3].
TheJProbst raises [$9].
trfic13 is all-In.
TheJProbst calls [$18.50].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Qs ]
** Dealing River ** [ 2d ]
TheJProbst shows [ 2c, 2s ] four of a kind, twos.
trfic13 shows [ Qh, Qc ] a full house, Queens full of twos.
TheJProbst wins $57 from the main pot with four of a kind, twos.
thedarkness4 has left the table.