Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 11:55 PM

Default Re: DN, Im sorry

and then?
Old 10-13-2005, 09:16 AM

i do think you misunderstand some of the play. what card you have preflop are not all that important to dn at this stage. a little important but there are alot more important things.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So let me get this straight, I start a thread to say that DN isn't as donkish as I thought he was, given the threads in the past month or so disparaging his play. No, I don't think he is the best (btw, there is no real best IMO, alot of people play at the same level, then variance comes in). I just wanted to say that I for one, was impressed at the level of play I witnessed.

Then I get called a sycophant, a pedestrian (the person who posts this is either trying to make slang, or has no idea what he's talking about... maybe he's describing my post as pedestrian?) and basically bashed for saying this guy is playing well.

Anyways, its kinda silly, I really am starting to think that in an OT post like this, if you wanna just dissent and insult, do it somewhere else.

So to recap.... DN's not a fish.. but I apparently am.

That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Allow me to explain. Homer Simpson explained this very well to me (thought not on purpose) and I have not forgotten it:

Family driving out of town...

Homer: Why'd they build this stupid ghost town 2 hours outside of Springfield (or something very similar)
Lisa: Because they discovered gold there Dad.
Homer: No, it's because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everybody does everything.

And there you have it. I'm less stupid, so this time I grasped the point you were making your post (which was quite clear) and didn't fixate on details like whether a play was an "amazing" laydown or whatnot. You're only a fish if in the future you don't expect all the armchair pros and nits to jump on any assessment you make of any poker pro or any poker play because they know it all from the 80 hours of poker broadcasting they've watched in their lifetime.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i do think you misunderstand some of the play. what card you have preflop are not all that important to dn at this stage. a little important but there are alot more important things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever. I don't care who you are. Cards are important. You are not going to win the tournament if you don't get dealt some hands - no matter what you have been lead to believe.