Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Prima 10+1r&a/ bsb hand

Early after the rebuy period. No reads.

Hero has K4s
Button: 10K
Hero: 4K
BB: 4K

Blinds are 100/200

Preflop:
Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks

Flop: (pot 600)
K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero bets 400, BB folds, button calls

Turn: (1400)
8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero bets 800, button calls

River: (3000)
2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, button bets 1400, Hero calls

How is my line?
Old 10-11-2005, 07:34 PM

Default Re: Prima 10+1r&a/ bsb hand

Old 10-11-2005, 07:57 PM

bless you roo, no replies.

i will try my best to answer but i am no expert on multi's.

Pre-flop seems absolutely fine to me, 20xbb nice cheap pot which you can get away from easily.

on the flop you have 2 decisions a c/r or a bet.

i take it you bet wanting to make flush draws pay the wrong price. I dont mind the bet to be honest, it would be difficult to play if u checked and everyone else did and a heart came on the turn.

So pre-flop and the flop seems fine to me.

However, that 8 is horrible, you are now behind virtually any other K, so you must hope that villain is on the flush draw. I might be tempted to check, villain might see a free card with his flush draw and then you can check/call a non heart river. If he bets the turn then i might fold this could be weak but sometimes you have to accept that the cards just screwed u over. Also by check/folding the turn you are left with 3400 and not too bad to recover.

One more thing, why only 4000 chips surely with rebuy and addon you should have 4500 at least???
Old 10-11-2005, 08:35 PM

Yeah, well I had a stack around 8k 10 sek before the break but lost a big pot. Time went out and I only got one addon.

Regarding the turn I gambled about him having a better K. I thought the odds where against it since most people (at this level) would raise with it on the flop.
I thought he was on a draw and/or a bluff, waiting for me to show weakness. I made my bets after this idea, and with the blank river I gave him a chance to steal.
Im very unsure about this. Maybe im to positive.

tnx for responding!
Old 10-12-2005, 06:55 AM

Hi Rickyroodido,
I would not have called the riverbet. A 1400-bet just smells too much like he´s trying to milk you, especially after he called your turnbet.

Prima poker, are you playing on expekt.com?
Old 10-12-2005, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Rickyroodido,
I would not have called the riverbet. A 1400-bet just smells too much like he´s trying to milk you, especially after he called your turnbet.

Prima poker, are you playing on expekt.com?

[/ QUOTE ]

It sure looks like he is milking me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] but I might aswell have induced it. I think many players, at the 10+1, would bluff in this situation.
The question is if im to optimistic on the turn; deciding that my K was infront.

If I check the turn im out of the hand, a check would be a whiteflag here. If I pot it im gonna get a very clear answer to where I stand (unless he is tricky); he would push a better hand, and fold everything els.
My turn bet was intended to look a little weak, but still to big for him to call with a draw so I was actually starting to induce a bluff on the turn. This way I hoped to get maximum value out of a drawing/bluff hand.
It might be stupid to make such conclusion, but in the game it felt like im either checkfolding or trying to extract maximum value out of a worse hand/bluff. Under normal circumstances I agree that the river bet is milkish.

Yeah, I play on expekt.com
My screenname is "polarfrenchy"