http://www.pokerpatterns.com/
Old 10-11-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: 30k hands (almost) of 1/2 6max stat post

graph is here:

I got to go for now, I'll be back in a few hours

Abelardo
Old 10-11-2005, 04:39 PM

raise more preflop, be more aggressive on the river, don't open limp, and wtf are you doing on the button? you should vp/pfr the most on the button, not one off.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:43 PM

that graph shows some nice progress! Why cant i do that shizzle [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyhow just wanted to say nice going, good luck on the move up!
Old 10-11-2005, 04:44 PM

Move up. Value bet the turn and river more.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:57 PM

your stats look pretty. There are times you can open limp at good 1/2 tables (I'm thinking specifically of 55-22 UTG), but they are few. phase that out of your game when you get to 2/4.

also as others have said I would value bet more on the river, you seem to be getting to showdown a good amount but your river aggression is somewhat low, this may mean you're checking behind in position, or checking and calling after leading the whole way out of position.

work on stealing more when you get to 2/4 as well, if you are up against folders (remember, the tighties should be on your left anyways)
Old 10-12-2005, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise more preflop. Stop open limping. If I saw these stats from a player at my table I'd think "weak TAG I will push him around".

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking along the same lines....I think you VPIP is a bit low for my tastes, but can definately be a winning style...guess just depends on preferance....Im up in that higher 20's hyper-aggro range like a lot of folks around here in 6max.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:52 AM

Thanks everyone for the comments, I'm going to move up to 2/4 6max. I'm maybe a weak TAG but I'm still learning, I know I need to get at least the river aggro higher and my pfr should be a bit higher as well, I'm having trouble isolating weak limpers with weak hands, I need to work on that. I'm trying to follow this chart:

I'm having trouble rising Axs after some limpers for example, the chart says rise but I almost always limp, the same is also true for some other holdings like JTs or QTs, I think I need to rise limpers more often. Also my CO rise might be higher for this reason, I'm open-rising in the CO a lot more compared than rising limpers on the button.

Any recomendations for higher aggro on turn and river? I'll put a hand up to give an example:

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

UTG is very loose and semi aggro pre and post-flop (about 70/11/1), SB is unknown with less than 20 hands played. This is what happens with situations like this occur, I don't know what to do and I just check and call and see a showdown.

Here's another hand, I rarely do this (if ever):

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB

Here BB was TAG and I thoght he folded too much for my taste, his aggro post-flop was really high (at about 4), so I thought I'd take a shot, maybe I shouldn't be doing this but I was willing to give it a try against this guy, and it worked, he folded a better hand (I probably just got lucky when that ace fell, but at least I had overs and backdoor draws)

I need to post more, here's another hand that happened recently:

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP calls, SB calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

River: (14.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 24.50 BB

I thought I was behind so I called the turn, how bad is this? Both are LAG's, maybe not maniatical lags but lags...

This would be the last one:

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (20 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (16.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (20.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 24.50 BB

I felt scared getting 3-bet on the flop and the whole field calling... Maybe I should rise the turn to knock the SB at least, or cap the flop I don't know...

Well, that's all for today, I hope this wasn't very boring I really want to improve my game, thanks to everyone again, I really appreciate anything you have to say.

Abelardo
Old 10-12-2005, 05:14 AM

I think you can raise the last hand on the river since you make Kings up. Imo the most likely holding for villain is a weak two pair.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:28 AM

you're not behind too often on the 3rd hand --he 3-bet you pf, bunch of high cards, drawy, i would raise that safe turn card, 2 pair, a lower set, a big draw, AA could all be doing this

i believe my advice is correct as long as a good percentage of stars 2/4 players are aggro(i don't know)

hmmm, it's probably best to think a bit