Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2003, 04:26 AM

Default NFL Week 5

Board looks super tough to me. Only additional games (adding to Denver I posted in a response earlier) that I like look really ugly, I mean these picks won't find too much favor around there. Maybe that should mean they will do well. I am not even going to try to justify them with long writeups, they are all just pure value plays.

Broncos +3.5, only play I really like matchup-wise, already written up elsewhere.

Saints +7, playing the bounce I suppose, but my numbers just don't add up for the Panthers. Also don't think Delhomme will beat them in the air, the way the Saints can't stop it.

Falcons +4.5, I think the Vikes caught a break with a disorganized and listless Niners team. I see the Falcons bouncing off their sorry performance and pulling an upset, but since they haven't gotten it going offensively last two weeks I will just play the points.

Bengals over 39, just hoping this team doesn't burn me two weeks in a row. If Bledsoe is going to get fat and happy here is his opponent. Bengals showing signs of life on offense too, should be in the mid to upper 40s total.

Cardinals +7, kind of like the Saints play, numbers and style don't add up for Cowboys to be this big a favorite. Cards bounced well off the Seattle thumping, this is a big rivalry game for them. I am not really paying attention to Emmitt, he isn't a big factor either way IMO.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:39 AM

Default Re: NFL Week 5

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]fwiw vikes might bite ya today...lay off atl wb...gl [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2003, 09:13 PM

Wow, rough weekend. If the Lions hadn't scored that last TD, I would have lost big. You overestimated ATL, they're horrible, I'm surprised they socred that many points. I can't believe Oakland blew that lead!
Old 10-05-2003, 09:37 PM

Default Better to be lucky than good and a correction

Yes, I had the Lions +7.5. Won by the hook. Now my post had an error (was looking at the opening line, not my virtual ticket).

It goes to show you need some breaks in this game. Giants' kicker is injured. I had the Chiefs, but I really thought that was my weakest selection.
Old 10-05-2003, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Better to be lucky than good and a correction

Yeah Mike, your picks are looking golden, 4-5 if you win tomorrow. I'm still debating the under for tomorrow night. Seems to be the popular pick. I'm probably biased with the Bucs but I think their offense is decent, losing Jurevicius really hurt though. I think I might give the 4.5 instead of going for the under. I'll wait to hear what they're saying on the radio tomorrow. Playing out the game in my head I'm seeing about a 24-13 score, so maybe I'll play both. Peyton's good for 3 INT's. Bucs D is good for a TD. Barber's good for giving up a long TD pass to Marvin or Reggie Wayne.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:40 AM

Gee thanks for the help. Why post if people are going to come and tell me what I did wrong? I should just be lazy and let others post for me [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2003, 06:56 AM

Sorry WB, just ignore me, I'm the one who shouldn't be posting.