Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 08:48 PM

Default Re: Atlanta Falcons: Good Opportunity

Syg, definitely a factor....Vick is a "drive continuer" and he would have really eaten up that defense. The bottom line in that game was that the Falcons safeties played very poorly, as did its defensive line. Like last year against KC in KC, this DL had trouble against the bigger style OL. With that said, its nice to have a backup that can play. It was a great game (despite some of the ridiculous referee calls and noncalls). Brady is simply sensational -- he played a close to perfect game.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:55 PM

Even though I've watched Brady regularly for 4 years, I have never taken his skill for granted. He is truly one of the greats.

Any way to find those TOP numbers for Vick?
Old 10-10-2005, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even though I've watched Brady regularly for 4 years, I have never taken his skill for granted. He is truly one of the greats.

Any way to find those TOP numbers for Vick?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't focus so much on TOP stats because they can be very misleading. Also, one thing Vick does that no other QB can do quite the same is demoralize the defense. A couple moves here and there, a big run, a sidestep away from a sack, all these things have a huge demoralizing effect on a defense that takes its toll over the course of the game. Also, when he runs a lot, defenders have to chase him -- that includes DL and LBs, in addition to the corners and safeties...They get tired as the game goes one.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:01 PM

Hmmmmm...now THAT would be evil.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:05 PM

I heard Boomer Esiason on the local sports radio station talk about how Jim Mora in a private moment might secretly want Matt Schaub to be his QB. I know it's en vogue to trash Vick, talk about how overhyped he is, but I'm sorry, his value to an offense and team in general is just not measured accurately by statistics for all the reasons discussed. Fantasy football has f'd up football analysis -- it's what makes people think Marc Bulger is a special QB and Vick isn't particularly valuable. Complete nonsense.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard Boomer Esiason on the local sports radio station talk about how Jim Mora in a private moment might secretly want Matt Schaub to be his QB. I know it's en vogue to trash Vick, talk about how overhyped he is, but I'm sorry, his value to an offense and team in general is just not measured accurately by statistics for all the reasons discussed. Fantasy football has f'd up football analysis -- it's what makes people think Marc Bulger is a special QB and Vick isn't particularly valuable. Complete nonsense.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have it right, precisely. I've tried to make this point numerous times on my favorite Falcons forum, often to deaf ears.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:26 PM

Esiason more than suggested Mora might want to switch in Schaub, he said he would start Schaub at QB and throw Vick in the backfield. He made a ridiculous allusion to Bob Kraft's temporary obsession with Bledsoe, his big contract, and how rising backups (i.e. Brady) would never get a chance otherwise.

So Schaub is to Vick as Brady was to Bledsoe. Ok Boomer... you're a nice guy and all but stay the hell away from the sidelines.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:53 PM

Boomer and Jimmy Johnson are long time "Vick haters". Jimmy is starting to come around, I think because of pressure from Fox.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:56 PM

I find it comical Esiason would profess to know what's in Jim Mora's mind regarding Vick, let alone projecting his own opinion of who should be starting onto Mora.