Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2003, 12:03 AM

Default College Plays

Oregon State +1 over Cal
Beyond just the letdown that is possible, I think the Beavers are playing their usual games. They always sandbag early on with their cupcake schedule, the coaches are working in a lot of young guys and then come Pac 10 season they just start rolling. While people are questioning ASU now, beating them by 28 should put the buy sign on this team. They are far more talented than Cal, that alone makes this worth a bet, but you get the bonus of a possible letdown and a potential QB controversy because Rodgers was lighting up SC in the first half and then got pulled after the bonehead INT. Robertson just isn't as gifted as a passer and if he gets cold the whole QB dynamic will come out. I never like teams with two QBs sharing time playing a tough game.

Hawaii -8.5 over Tulsa
Welcome back to the real world Tulsa. They absolutely anihilated a weak team and even got a week to celebrate. They might as well stay in the locker room. While the WAC isn't exactly a big time conference, lets face it when you get the probable 1st or 2nd team in any conference playing the almost certain last place team in the conference, do you see the line being under double digits very often? Hardly ever! That alone is enough to play this one, Hawaii may not travel well but the line is a screaming bargain and once again you get a nice situation where a terrible team comes off two wins against sorry competition and then a bye week, only to be reminded of their proper place in the WAC.

Arizona +29.5 over Wash St
Ok I bite. Partly because Mackovic was a hated a-hole and surely the players are happy, but also because I can't see the Cougs being the type of team worthy of this kind of pointspread. The cloud is lifted from Tucson and the team did put in a very solid effort last week, they deserved better but -3 turnovers is hard to overcome. In any case the talent can't possibly be this large a gap in the Pac 10, especially for Arizona a team which usually recruits much better than Washington St.

Va Tech-Rutgers under 55
Just a feeling I get with this one. Rutgers has been playing a lot of bad defensive teams, one after the other. Their confidence surely is high, but now they get back to playing football at another speed, one dictated by a top 5 team's defense. On the other side, its the Hokies first road trip this year and teams often have some adjustment to deal with in the first game on the road. For this to go over the Hokies are going to have to score and score and score, I don't see Rutgers getting past 10, with a shutout not out of the question. I think Beamer slows this game down a bit, lets his monster back do the heavy lifting and take home a comfortable win thanks to his D. Points are a little stiff for me, but the under looks real good. Weather might be a bit of a factor too I read, just a little insurance.

Oklahoma-Iowa St Under 54
Big 12 season begins for OU and its no better excuse to get the defense up to its championship level. A stunning 35 points in their UCLA game were on special teams or defense, that game and the late game letdown against Fresno is skewing this number upward. I think both teams will come into this one looking to stress the D side of the ball, Iowa St is clearly not the dynamic offense they were last year with Wallace at the helm. I see a game in the 30s coming here, maybe low 40s. If this game goes over I think it will only be due to a late game letdown by the Sooners defense.

Old 10-04-2003, 01:22 AM

Default Re: College Plays

Wildbill is the man, and I have no business giving my opinion here, but I like to for fun anyway. Va Tech is a power house and I wouldn't bet the under as I can see them scoring 55 themselves easier than I can see the game being under 55. Just my meaningless opinion but don't under estimate the hokies, against rutgers no less.
Old 10-04-2003, 01:25 AM

Wildbill, I love 3 team parlays for some reason (and tri-boxes for that matter) and I'm thinking AZ, TN, and MD, you think this is a good play?
Old 10-04-2003, 09:33 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]wb..re haw/tulsa..

in general teams playing well, winning su and ats...then a bye week, play tuff at home after bye week...otherwise i like yer thinking, but i'd sit this one out....gl
Old 10-05-2003, 03:32 AM

Now that I see this one...uh, no hehe [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Man I would have been 3-2, except Oklahoma obviously has never heard of winning with grace and taking a knee up by 39 points and a minute left, they kept playing on offense and scored a TD anyways to blow that total. Oh well, that is the way it goes, 2-3 won't cause too much damage.

Nothing like football season for this site, we go a week with about 5 posts and here I am out for the day and come back and its post city.