Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Fresh Prince of Bel Air or Curb Your Enthusiasm
(8) The Fresh Prince of Bel Air 156 53.79%
(9) Curb Your Enthusiasm 134 46.21%
Voters: 290. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Re: OT: Party vs Stars (ROI impact)

[ QUOTE ]
The A9 hand I would probably fold, he raised almost half your stack...unless you are sure you have his range beat, then I would fold. (note: you most likely do have his range beat, but you have no FE, so why not call and push in on the flop maybe). I would just fold and wait for a btter spot or the other guy to bust...Not to say I wouldnt push A9 as first in...absolutely!

The thing I bet is your problem is that you are not playing a bigstack optimally on the bubble and are content staying average to squeek in.

You are probably playing with fear of busting 4th or 5th very often and are not enetering ITM with a healthy stack. These are just my guesses.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct, I rarely enter ITM with a big stack... I hate busting out OOTM and I get aggressive when my stack gets low and I relax if I am avg or better. I will strengthen my calling range baring a good read. Thanks
Old 10-10-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The A9 hand I would probably fold, he raised almost half your stack...unless you are sure you have his range beat, then I would fold. (note: you most likely do have his range beat, but you have no FE, so why not call and push in on the flop maybe). I would just fold and wait for a btter spot or the other guy to bust...Not to say I wouldnt push A9 as first in...absolutely!

The thing I bet is your problem is that you are not playing a bigstack optimally on the bubble and are content staying average to squeek in.

You are probably playing with fear of busting 4th or 5th very often and are not enetering ITM with a healthy stack. These are just my guesses.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct, I rarely enter ITM with a big stack... I hate busting out OOTM and I get aggressive when my stack gets low and I relax if I am avg or better. I will strengthen my calling range baring a good read. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Focus on looking for spots when your stack is healthy to pick on medium stacks near the bubble. Dont EVER relax.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your ITM sucks, why so many 3rds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Over 12 games??? You gotta be kidding...
Old 10-10-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i didnt even see the sample size, thats funny though. I think he was complaining though that this is his norm.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:50 PM

i don't understand why you labeled this post OT. this is ON TOPIC. unless of course OT means both ON Topic and OFF topic, in which case well, we're just screwed, aren't we?
Old 10-10-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't understand why you labeled this post OT. this is ON TOPIC. unless of course OT means both ON Topic and OFF topic, in which case well, we're just screwed, aren't we?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and LC also means "Loadsof content"
Old 10-10-2005, 03:01 PM

I have similar numbers as OP, but I instead play at FT.
So FT has 9 person tables, but the payout is 50% of a $90 pool.

I guess my point is that, ummm.... well.. not sure what my point was... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

My game has changed so much (read: improved) since I last played at PP though so I don't think I can compare the results on my spreadsheet. I think the numbers work out in my favor though.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:06 PM

In my limited experience with the Stars 11s, my 1,2,3 percentage is 23,29,25. Once I get ITM it seems to be a matter of who wins the most coin flips, without much regard to stack sizes coming in off the bubble.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a hypothetical analysis on ROI Party vs Stars all other things equal except rake % and 9 players vs 10, not my personal success on either... please read before you jump to conclusions or I'll karate chop your a$$ judo girl
Old 10-10-2005, 03:26 PM

With the 9 player tables, you should be changing one of your OOTM finishes to a 3rd, or even doing that and changing one 3rd place finish to a 2nd place finish. Once you've done that, recalculate your ROI. I think that would be more realistic comparision given the different starting # of players.