Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 12:47 AM

Default Re: now maybe we all get to reveal screen names and discuss

Gmcg59
Old 10-10-2005, 12:52 AM

Romario888 and RackStacks. Would love to hear feedback.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

wheres nlsoldier?

[ QUOTE ]
He's keeping quiet to save the embarassment.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
atleast your easier to spot now

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2005, 12:57 AM

I'm StankBot and GoodEyeClosed and recently moved to 10-20. BTW, partypokerer is just running well. He always hits his queens.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:06 AM

Nice hand. I played with you the other day. I'll add my username to the growing list, even though I'm nowhere near the caliber of most players here.

ErnestTilley on Eurobet

I believe I am a "lagmuffin" postflop and try too hard to run people off of hands. I am doing much, much less of this and trying to be less inappropriately aggressive. On the other hand, I'm pretty much calling down any TPTK on the 10/20-6 unless its really ugly, and that can't be right.

I have a very difficult time reconciling the need to fold second-best hands with the absurd amount of over-aggression and bluffing that occurs in the 6 Max games. The counter strategy for too much bluffing by opponents (and I'm sure we all agree that many opponents overbluff) is to call down more and see more showdowns. I know I'm a calling station, but because of that I can tell you there is a ridiculous amount of nonsense like turn check-raises that are complete bluffs. I am talking about the 43/23/2.7 type of player, not the beautiful 67/3/0.3 uber-fish.

On a related and possibly obvious note, the Clarkmeister needs to be re-thought against players on this list. I've bet out and called a raise because I felt the opponent was probably one of you guys and would bluff-raise in this situation [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]. Is check/call now better since we can no longer fold to a raise? The 43/23/2.7 spazz will also raise here with ANY trump.

I would very much appreciate any comments -- go ahead, I can take it.

For my contribution, OMGLOLWHYFISH, you are someone I can pretty easily run off of a hand, but otherwise a good player. Victor, as you know, I don't like to tangle with you.

I despise people humiliating the fish, so I apologize in advance if I've taken anybody here to task on that subject. So many times I'm in a great game, just to the left of a 67/3 uber-fish mentioned earlier, and somebody starts bitching at them and humilating them and they leave the game!!! This is the ultimate bad beat. I'm sure that nobody here would do this...

Best,

Jim
Old 10-10-2005, 01:22 AM

I play as mantasm. and mantasmeb. These shouldn't be surprising. I play at weird times so there's a good chance not many people have hands with me, but i'm sure some people have seen me do some ridiculous things. Let me know, i've been at 10/20 lately.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:26 AM

my real name is Ace KING Offsuit. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2005, 02:03 AM

Well, this seems like a fun thread, and while none of you probably have any recent hands on me, or even any well played hands on me, at least you can hopefully enjoy my screen names, may they rest in peace.

darynfanboi
FTRBlows
Mat_Sklansky
FourBBper100
Old 10-10-2005, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, this seems like a fun thread, and while none of you probably have any recent hands on me, or even any well played hands on me, at least you can hopefully enjoy my screen names, may they rest in peace.

darynfanboi
FTRBlows
Mat_Sklansky
FourBBper100

[/ QUOTE ]

brilliant
Old 10-10-2005, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I despise people humiliating the fish, so I apologize in advance if I've taken anybody here to task on that subject. So many times I'm in a great game, just to the left of a 67/3 uber-fish mentioned earlier, and somebody starts bitching at them and humilating them and they leave the game!!! This is the ultimate bad beat. I'm sure that nobody here would do this...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Jim,

I agree 100% here. I've been guilty of going a little overboard in reaction to loudmouth TAGs, too. I apologize for that.

Surf