Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 11:13 AM

Default Re: 100NL simple full ring question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With no situational information I fold, but raising certainly isn't out of the question depending on how the table is. I would certainly never open-limp this hand

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. There may be a few situations in poker whe fold or raise are good options but its certainly not one of them. Calling is certainly closer to folding than raising. Raising is very very bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Righty oh. Limping could probably be okay at a really passive table.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:30 AM

I just got thru posting in another thread where AQo was in question and this was taken to the point where AKo was never raised UTG.

My weak tight game is in serious danger of getting to whole new levels of tightness following advice in these threads.

HELP ME OUT HERE GUYS!

In the FAQ for this forum is a handy link to set of full ring autorate rules: They set the cutoff for tight at sub 25% VPIP - I'm uber tight on this scale already. They set the cutoff for weak/passive preflop as 7%pfr. i'm passive by this 'standard' too. I'm too aggro post flop by these rules aswell.

I won at a rate of 7ptBB/100 over my last 100k hands.

I can see the arguments for not getting involved in big pots OOP but I cant see where you guys are finding hands to play in position. I mean SC JT-54 only account for 28 hand combinations out of 1326 and w ho isnt limping all their pairs for sets anyway?

just how much crap do you guys play in the CO/Button?
Old 10-09-2005, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just how much crap do you guys play in the CO/Button?

[/ QUOTE ]
Loads and loads... Nah, I play really solid full ring usually. The kinds of hands I play are the nontrap hands. SCs, also single and double gappers...
Raising 56s utg is vastly superior to raising AJ or AQ. AK is usually a raise for me in all positions.