Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 01:39 AM

Default Re: My name is Dave, and I have done the \"2/4 LHE staredown\"

[ QUOTE ]
Finally I ask "Expecting an invasion, Commander? [insert military reference here].
Table laughs.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the greatest thing I've ever heard...hahahaha.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mr. Oakley puts on the shades and stares us down for a good 2 minutes before folding. Al and I look at each other and, without saying a word, both reach into our pockets and pull out the shades.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome, I would have died to see that live.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://swaxlowlimit.blogspot.com/200...d-suicide.html

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
undaunted, asian guy retorts with "here, get me a piece of paper, I write it down for you. Or how about I just take you on freeway and run you over!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Best part of the story.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually lost control of my bowels reading that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice - knowing my stories make a good laxative is inspiration enough to keep writing 'em!
Old 10-08-2005, 09:54 AM

2/4 at Resorts in AC, I had a calling station in a hat and sunglasses call "Time". The dealer looked at him and said "Did you just call time?". He said, "Yeah, time. I see them do it on TV". I don't know how the dealer didn't bust out laughing. The dealer called the floor person over and said, "Hey, this guy just called Time". The guy mucked.

He was debating calling a $4 bet into a $24 pot!
Old 10-08-2005, 10:02 AM

Naw, the part that made me bust up was:

[ QUOTE ]
but asian guy stops him and says "can I have a piece of paper - I need to write down my address so he can go jump off bridge with it."

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahaha! he just doesn't let up.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:01 PM

The same night I was playing with Mr. Oakley at HG, this girl on my left was pretty sweet. She had about 1 rack when I sat down, then quickly was up to about 4 racks, then dropped all that and about $3-400 more by the time I left. But the great thing was, she would count out her straight on her hands. I saw her do this so many times. It was hilarious. And people would call her when it was so obvious she had made her straight.

Not that exciting, but pretty funny. Going to Commerce tonight, hopefully I'll have some more to contribute.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:10 PM

a frind of mine was playing at Canterbury and ran into a kid wearing sunglasses and a hat at a $2-4 table. He kept holding up the action each time it was on him; staring at people or doing the math in his head. Finally, after taking forever to decide whether to call a bet, my friend had enough and said to the kid, "hey Moneymaker...its a happymeal. Hurry up." Everyone laughed....except the kid.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The same night I was playing with Mr. Oakley at HG, this girl on my left was pretty sweet. She had about 1 rack when I sat down, then quickly was up to about 4 racks, then dropped all that and about $3-400 more by the time I left. But the great thing was, she would count out her straight on her hands. I saw her do this so many times. It was hilarious. And people would call her when it was so obvious she had made her straight.

Not that exciting, but pretty funny. Going to Commerce tonight, hopefully I'll have some more to contribute.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you play at Commerce? I may be there tonight - not sure.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:08 PM

I've only been twice, but I'll be playing $4/8 LHE. I'm about 6'3, shaved head, goattee, not sure what I'm wearing. I'll probably head over around 6-7ish, not sure yet.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My correct response would have been "...ace high with the top four kickers." Zing. I thought of that one a few days later but he had left the table by then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd probably just shake my head sadly and say, "Yeah, I never could bluff", let him live in his blissful ignorance, and hope that he plays at the same high level of skill for the rest of the night.