Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 03:33 AM

Default Re: folding trips after the flop

i think i too have gotten all i possibly can out of this thread.

thx for taking me seriously and gl to you too!
Old 10-08-2005, 03:44 AM

Default Re: folding trips after the flop

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he "wanted" to be called. If he "wanted" to be called he would have c/r all in on the flop. As it is I don't think he minds being called but definitely doesn't "want" to be called. What does this mean? Most likely pair+straight draw or pair+flush draw or straight & flush draw.

The other guy that call recognizes this as well and either made a call with a similar type hand or is just the type to gamble with the nut flush draw.

I also think you would be surprised how often AJ would open raise here in this position (he was the first one in the pot, correct?).

[/ QUOTE ]

i wanted to answer your question. yes. he was the first one in. and yes. i think you make a compelling argument that he should/would have reraised. at the time my read was that he was in a bit earlier position than he liked for his hand strength and was just hoping for a cheap flop.

yeah, im assuming you didnt just read what happened and make your reply to suit it. the bb had top pair and the straight draw (actually slightly better than i thought he had), and the initial limper had a suited ace which he was foolishly willing to gamble on (although he did have a few extra outs for the gutshot, i dont think enough to justify a call here with someone still to act and would likely only call with a monster). just as you called it.