Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Level 3 - TT - UTG

[ QUOTE ]

Would you happen to have a thread link you could point me toward? I think I know what you're talking about, but maybe not. I have no problems playing down to 5BB, but I'd rather not. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Could you please expand on "core strategy"?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, sorry no. Not to be conceited. I think it's more than a small post. But the gist is that's why math is such a core part of this game vs other games. Furthermore, I'm not familiar if there is a "core strategy" post. I think it's more conceptual.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Note, I am limping here because of the stack sizes for hero and others at the table. There are many times I would raise here, I'm not advocating limping TT as a rule- each case gets evaluated based on the table layout.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol...no "note" necessary.

I like your thinking above (prev. post)...mainly because I think it "could" lead to more +EV situations than by open raising...whereas, raising may be more +EV immediately, it hits a lot of walls and is also riskier.

I know that might not make much sense, but basically, I like the risk/reward aspect of your play. I think if stacks were more even, this would have to be a raise.
gh
Old 10-07-2005, 07:04 PM

I should have said there's about a 35% chance of the flop being ten high or under in my post above. I agree with your point though and the 35% chance of playing on after the flop when no one raises is just fine for this 50 IMO given the added possibilities of something nice happening preflop after I limp.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Would you happen to have a thread link you could point me toward? I think I know what you're talking about, but maybe not. I have no problems playing down to 5BB, but I'd rather not. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Could you please expand on "core strategy"?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, sorry no. Not to be conceited. I think it's more than a small post. But the gist is that's why math is such a core part of this game vs other games. Furthermore, I'm not familiar if there is a "core strategy" post. I think it's more conceptual.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured as much, but what the hell, I was open and I took the shot.

*sigh* more work
Old 10-07-2005, 07:52 PM

well.. my first instinct was to make it 125, because thats what i do with TT utg normally. however, after spending more than .3 seconds looking at the hand.. i see quite a bit of value to limping. check the CO and button stacks.. that might make ya think a bit. holla
Old 10-07-2005, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well.. my first instinct was to make it 125, because thats what i do with TT utg normally. however, after spending more than .3 seconds looking at the hand.. i see quite a bit of value to limping. check the CO and button stacks.. that might make ya think a bit. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand is morphing into something different than I intended. In a positive way. There's more stack management on L3 than I give credit to.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:40 PM

Wow, too many replies to read... so I don't know whether I'm minority or majority here.

I limp under these circumstances every time because the cut-off and button will have a wide pushing range against which you are a huge favorite.

If they don't happen to push, there's nothing wrong with playing TT OOP for a limp anyway and you don't need to go broke here.

With that flop, that's exactly what I would do: not go broke.

Irieguy
Old 10-07-2005, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, too many replies to read... so I don't know whether I'm minority or majority here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are in the correct minority
Old 10-07-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are in the correct minority

[/ QUOTE ]

zing. the opinions will slowly shift once all 3 of us side with a limp. bwahaha. holla
Old 10-07-2005, 09:43 PM

You guys better be careful. Somebody's going to think you pushbots are weak/tight. Ruin your reputations as maniacs. Find out what you really are...2+2 pansies.

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

CJ