Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 10:49 AM

Default Re: percentages

Wow.. A couple of days late in reading this forum, and I miss out on all the fun!

Morgan, I can't believe you called Lorinda, the 22nd member of 2+2 (and highly respected), a Troll.

My (and I'm sure many others here) level of respect for you and your business just took a dramatic drop!

Anyone who truly understands the affiliate business, knows that customer support is one of the most important aspects of the business... and you have just displayed a complete lack of understanding! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jim, you may view this rule as stupid. but you dont have complete information. and are acting soley on yourself getting more money. if this practice is kept up for too long, rakeback will cease altogether. would you prefer 35% next month, then access to rakeback cut off, or 25% for the next 12? i have stickied a more thought out post on this topic. here is an excerpt;

'we dont allow rakeback %'s for many reasons, most importantly, the sites dont allow it. lorinda may ask then, how do we offer it? the sites dont mind paying us within their structured tiers for the marketing we do for them. however, when affilaite XYZ(hypothetical example) starts offering 39% to his players, and that site only gives out 40%. the affiliates like myself, who have built a business around this, cant survive on a 1% profit margin. in time affilaite XYZ wont be able to survive either and eventually the players will be emailing affilaite XYZ asking where the past months payment is. if the market has raised rakeback % to 39%, i must then go negotiate with the pokersite to give me 45% so i can remain profitable and competitive. now the site is struggling to remain profitable and cant offer me 45%, then with the headaches and nonsense they must consider killing the rakeback market, which party did by removing the tracker reporting. in a long winded way, i am hoping some of you read this, and can understand that getting a 1/4th discount on your poker play is a pretty good deal. by bartering and trying to get more, this could potentially kill the market. hence our refusal to allow percentage talks. '

[/ QUOTE ]

Suggested reading.

you are dead dead wrong. reducing the asymmetry of information will not destroy a market. it will make it more efficient. sometimes efficiency involves reducing the number of producers (the high cost ones). what you are really trying to say is "as an affiliate I want to make as much money as possible and if consumers are uninformed then it is easier to give them a deal that is more beneficial to me"
Old 10-04-2005, 03:37 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

i am passing on what is said to me by the poker sites. in addition to some of them that dont allow the direct quotation of percentages, they only these offers over the telephone. they make rules for me, i abide by them, this is one of them.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the affiliates like myself, who have built a business around this, cant survive on a 1% profit margin.'

[/ QUOTE ]

Survive? Jeezus what gives you the right to SURVIVE thru other people grinding their leather arses playing while you sit around spamming? You get out there and bonus whore your survival like the rest of us!
Old 10-05-2005, 07:16 PM

I love how your story changes....first it was, you guys don't get it and you are only allowed a partial answer. I won't tell you anymore, even though you tore my initial arguement to shreds....now its....oh, I really just don't know guys....just be nice to me.

And thats a nice speech about how freemarkets destroy buisness sectors.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think there is a tremendous conflict of interest here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhuh. Internet bonus forum by Poker Source Online (only PSO spam allowed), this one by affiliateEV.com, what next? Computer Technical Help forum by Microsoft, and Linux posts are deleted? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The issue is one of representation or (mis-). The title of the forum implies that generic discussion of affiliates and rakeback is welcome, when it should read "affiliateEV.com rakeback (only)".
Old 10-07-2005, 07:01 PM

there is no need for an affiliate/rb forum, if %'s stay hidden, seriously the only reason they don't allow it, is because they will lose customers who see how bad they are getting screwed over

[ QUOTE ]
if the market has raised rakeback % to 39%, i must then go negotiate with the pokersite to give me 45% so i can remain profitable and competitive

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but hiding the fact that you are getting 35-40 and only giving out 25 is pretty damn good for you