Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Level 3 - TT - UTG

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So roughly, are you limp calling a shortie's AI? Are you RRing a raise from a stack that has you covered, or is it all depending on reads of the indiviual player?

A lot can happen after I limp and I am very interested in what the shorty button does and what action preceded him. I think with the shorty button there is a good chance of getting him allin HU with some dead chips.

Thats the way I was thinking about this hand: basically, is limping and having a high likliehood of wasting t50 (when 4 goto a flop) outweighed by the positive expectation of getting HU with some dead money?

I think this is fine too, but you have to decide what you are doing when all of the other possible circumstances occur. -i think we already mentioned that you are RRing allin from any raise behind, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just think there are a lot of favorable situations that can develop when I limp here.

Sometimes I get HU with shorty allin preflop with dead chips- thats good.

Sometimes I am going to the flop with 2-4 others who have all limped where I will open push the 35% of the time that the flop is all unders and will check fold the rest. I don't mind this outcome for 50 chips preflop at all.

Sometimes I will fold preflop to heavy action after my limp. My stack is such that I'm just fine with this.

Opening to 125 or 150 decreases the chance that I'll be HU with shorty & dead chips preflop and the chance that I waste these 150 chips is similar to the chance of wasting 50 chips at the $22/$33s (i.e. I am likely to get 3 to the flop when I open 150 here in a $22/$33).

Short story is I like to see what happens after my limp and act accordingly given my stack and the others involved.