Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: TT and tangling with the chip leader

What have been said, raise more preflop but I don't like the push there. The blinds are too small for that and even after a raise you are in good shape.

Raise a larger amount. Please, don't min raise with TT [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2005, 02:33 PM

I think the attitude of not raising TT form mid pos. unless your going to push allin is a terrible play. BB400 stack 8k and your going to push. Raise 4-5 times bb and A8 will probably fold. Are that scared to play a flop that you will push with TT and you have 20BBs
Old 10-07-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop AKx. He leads the minimum. I raise to 1200 to shake him off the hand I hope. He calls the raise and checks the turn. I get wimpy and check as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slightly green MTT player here but...I know enough to say that your flop raise is really not getting you anywhere. he bet out 400 and you raised it to 1200...his stack is around 17,000 chips and if he had A2o or even a Kx...hes going to call that raise.
You don't get any information by the raise, I think that small raise of 2 more blinds is probably the 2nd weakest play in the hand.

Weakest play was only making it 3 bigblinds when someone limped in ahead of you...with TT no less. TT isn't a hand that you necessarily want him calling your preflop raise. Because a limp from early position can mean a lot of hands that beat you here (KQs etc..) Depending on how bad your opponent is....
Old 10-07-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What have been said, raise more preflop but I don't like the push there. The blinds are too small for that and even after a raise you are in good shape.

Raise a larger amount. Please, don't min raise with TT [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

my apologies on the original post - the blinds were actually 200/400, but I didn't catch it in time to change my original hence the edit post later.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Slightly green MTT player here but...I know enough to say that your flop raise is really not getting you anywhere. he bet out 400 and you raised it to 1200...his stack is around 17,000 chips and if he had A2o or even a Kx...hes going to call that raise.
You don't get any information by the raise, I think that small raise of 2 more blinds is probably the 2nd weakest play in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

But, doesn't it also send the signal that I like my hand and I'm milking the chip leader for some chips? That only works though if I follow thru on the turn. My lack of turn bet/push was the weakest play I think . . .

[ QUOTE ]
Weakest play was only making it 3 bigblinds when someone limped in ahead of you...with TT no less. TT isn't a hand that you necessarily want him calling your preflop raise. Because a limp from early position can mean a lot of hands that beat you here (KQs etc..) Depending on how bad your opponent is....

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree - should have raised more, but don't like the idea of pushing preflop. I have too many chips relative to the blinds.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:17 PM

Pushing preflop would be a very stupid play with your chip stack.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I (T8000 chips) raise to 1200 with TT

[/ QUOTE ]

Min raise vs the chip leader, what are you thinking here?

[ QUOTE ]
Folds around to chip leader who calls. Flop AKx. He leads the minimum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just give up dude. You misplayed your hand pre flop lets not compound the mistake by giving the chip leader more chips on a board that is most likely to have hit him.

What would a chip leader limp in here with? Most likely a weak ace as I see him raising with a hand like KQ or a pocket pair. And he probably isn't good enough to fold a weak ace on this board.