Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2003, 06:39 PM

Default Party Poker\'s NL.

Due to primapoker being Nazi i'm not too eager to play there once they finally give me my account back.

So i'm considering moving to party poker, but party's highest NL game is $100 buy in and with blinds i don't like. Meanwhile their games are twice as fast, twice as soft, well everything else is there.

So i'm weighing up either staying at primapoker playing the $500 buy in (i'm slim on results figures - so i'm hoping someone can post some from theirs on party) or playing 2 tables at party poker $100 buy in.

Comments on what the $100 buy in game is like there? Anyone have any pokerstats from there?

Oh, do party have any intentions to add higher stakes?

Thanks.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Party Poker\'s NL.

I've played these NL games a bit. They seem very easy and profitable. But the stacks are generally so small in relation to the blinds that there isn't a lot of room for play. I find it somewhat tedious and boring for NL.

Once players get stacks big enough to make things interesting, they often leave.

Old 09-30-2003, 03:03 PM

I've got to agree--the blind size makes the games pretty boring. And sort of swingy.

Additionally, the software/players make the games play SLOW. I find that I play worse just because the hands take much longer than I'm used to. The software also makes it hard to play multiple tables at the same time, and I think the misclick factor is higher with the "force to front" feature.

If you're thinking about playing multiple smaller tables, I reccomend playing two or three UB 100 tables on the ever-popular "mini-view"

Good luck!

scrub
Old 10-01-2003, 03:21 PM

I play multiple tables on Party, and solved the "misclick" problem by staggering the tables on my screen (each being a couple inches below and to the right of the one above). That way, the buttons don't line up over/under one another.

Did that after I accidentally folded KK ... which, oddly enough, is the only misclick that ever happened.