Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 09:14 PM

Default i flop flush draw out of the blinds c/r on flop

thoughts on all streets appreciated!

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.70 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 10.70 BB
Old 10-06-2005, 09:17 PM

Default Re: i flop flush draw out of the blinds c/r on flop

I call preflop here as well although it is kind of thin. I like the flop play and the turn and river pretty much play themselves.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:20 PM

I'd fold preflop. 2 opponent is not enough to make me call with this shatty suited 1 gapper, its too small.

I'd c/r the river.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:32 PM

Fold preflop. With 42s, you're playing the flush and straight possiblity, and with only 2 other players in the pot, you're just throwing away money here.

I don't like the flop check-raise. You're hand is obviously the worst at the moment, and your pot equity doesn't justify a raise. UNLESS you are fairly sure that CO will fold, AND button was betting a marginal hand that he'll fold to a turn bet. I seriously doubt both these two situations will happen a good amount of time as button cold-called and CO is the pfr.

After CO 3-bets the flop, we can pretty much put him on an overpair (the most likely), set, or higher flush draw. I actually like a bet on the turn since your play represents a T, as you might get an overpair to fold, and an overpair will be hard-pressed to raise you.

I think I prefer a bet-call on river rather than a check-raise. JJ will probably check behind this river. QQ and AhKh are still ahead of you. Only hands that you gain here by a check-raise are against AA and KK.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:34 PM

I fold preflop.

I don't like your flop play unless you include some kind of reads. There's nothing wrong with calling the flop. You are getting good odds to play your hand straightforwardly. Both players staying in will make your hand MORE playable, not less.

Its not that clear that you can take this pot down versus 2 players who both showed strength preflop. Thats why I said that you should have some reads here before you make this play.

Ok, so if you don't have any particular reason for believing that you can fold out 2 hands that showed preflop strength, then what are you doing? Raising for a free card?

This is a parlay. Button has to fold flop and sb has to check turn. Or sb has to check turn and button has to check behind when you check. The latter won't happen that much, because a lot of the time that button stays in the hand, he's going to reraise.

This would a different situation if you had the nutflushdraw or a pair to go w/ your flush draw. As it is, you are abandoning the straightforward option for a dubious option that probably won't win you much more money and could easily end up losing you money.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After CO 3-bets the flop, we can pretty much put him on an overpair (the most likely), set, or higher flush draw. I actually like a bet on the turn since your play represents a T, as you might get an overpair to fold, and an overpair will be hard-pressed to raise you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone who check/3 bet this flop is folding to a turn donk bet about never. You will get raising on this turn many more times than you think.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:12 AM

Why are we raising a bet directly from our right with the nut low, when we're going to be best a lot in a 3-handed pot when we hit our heart?

Preflop is iffy, but I'd make the call. Then again, I'm a sucker for sooted cards from the BB.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:27 AM

I don't like the flop checkraise. Someone please convince me why it's a good idea.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:16 AM

Check-raise the river.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the flop checkraise. Someone please convince me why it's a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's good when you didn't call a pre-flop raise.

then it's a better disguise or make them fold a marginal hand.