Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 10:04 AM

Default JJ chickened out

Wow, this is as weak/tight as it can be. UGLY!

I really don't now what happened. Pokerace had the little mouse icon besided the flop better's name and that was over 2k hands. So that should be tight/passive right?

BB plays any2.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (8.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB
Old 10-06-2005, 10:10 AM

Default Re: JJ chickened out

That's a pretty bad turn check.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pokerace had the little mouse icon besided the flop better's name and that was over 2k hands. So that should be tight/passive right?

[/ QUOTE ]
That icon means passive pre-flop and aggressive post-flop to me.

My question is if you're not sure what it means than what value does it have?

Secondly, if you did think it meant passive, why aren't you value betting the turn and river? If you can raise the flop I don't see how either of the last two cards decreased the value of your hand.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:48 AM

I'm sure it means passive preflop and on the flop.

But yes, it's a pretty ugly turn check. As I said: I really don't know what happened. I had a bad feeling about the bet on the flop, combined with the passive stats.

You are both right, I just totally misplayed this one.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure it means passive preflop and on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're using Bison's rule-set....

[ QUOTE ]
TP-A - mouse icon - Tight preflop (VP &lt; 30). Passive preflop (PFR &lt; 5). Aggressive postflop (TOT-A &gt; 1.5).

[/ QUOTE ]

However, as I was saying before, it really doesn't matter how you identify your players. What matters is that you seem to be making decisions based on incorrect reads because you don't know what your icons mean. Better to look at the numbers anyways - you have PokerAce - they're right there for you.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:34 PM

I think that when the mouse doesn't reraise you on that flop, he didn't hit a King. He probably has AT or possibly worse.He might have made a bad call preflop with a shitty King hand and wasn't willing to put too much money in, scared he was dominated. However, I think you're going to be ahead here often enough to bet the turn, but i'd probaby check the river... that other guy in the hand scares me.